Notices

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
The N900 has a FM transmitter with a few nW and even "tuned" it wouldn't be able to disturb ANY signal out there.
That is also one of the reasons why nobody would be able to trace you, the signals is simply too weak!
You don't even imagine how much interference you can get from one small 50nW transmitter in place where signal is weak - you can interfere with radios in ~100m radius with a bit of luck.

Triangulating signal from transmitter like that is quite easy - there are ready systems for this purpose located around bigger cities, and can locate signals instantly (and such systems has existed for 70 years - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_Cage) so it's illegal and easy to locate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
FM transmitting + Bluetooth headset is working together nicely, when you recieving a call it will switch back to bluetooth headset and once you've ended the call then it will redirect back to FM Transmitter.

This is a GO GO not NO GO! Safety comes first my friend.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by jacekowski View Post
You don't even imagine how much interference you can get from one small 50nW transmitter in place where signal is weak - you can interfere with radios in ~100m radius with a bit of luck.

Triangulating signal from transmitter like that is quite easy - there are ready systems for this purpose located around bigger cities, and can locate signals instantly (and such systems has existed for 70 years - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_Cage) so it's illegal and easy to locate

Thank you for bringiing it up so we all know the consequences if anyone abusing the power in their hand.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-08-26 at 22:30.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Yeah just tried it .. worked great.

For the sake of others:

1. Uninstall fmboost, simple fmtransmitter widet.. etc
2. Download and transfer to N900, the fmtxd file from the zip file attached to the first post.
3. x-term > sudo gainroot
4. cd /home/user/MyDocs/
5. mv fmtxd /usr/sbin/
6. cd /usr/sbin/
7. chmod +x fmtxd
8. fmtxd -d
9. close xterm
10. Open app manger and install fm faker.
10. Open fm transmitter from settings and confirm.

Please let me know if there are any errors.

Thanks
thanks for this. much easier. i have changed some of it and works like a charm now!

Step by step guide:
===========================
Before starting:
Assuming you've got none of these installed:

*FM-Boost
*Simple-FMTX-widget
*FM-Faker
*And FM-Transmitter is turned off
*Extras-Devel Repository is enabled. Then proceed the following

1. Download and transfer to N900, the fmtxd file from the zip file attached to the first post.
2. Uninstall fm-boost, simpleifmtx-widet.. etc,

open xterm
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove fm-boost simple-fmtx-widget

4. go to MyDocs folder where you saved the fmtxd file,

cd /home/user/MyDocs/

5. Move the file to replace the current one,

mv fmtxd /usr/sbin/

6. Go to where the file has been moved, and use the following commands:

cd /usr/sbin/
chmod +x fmtxd
fmtxd -d

7. Now reinstall the fm-faker and simple-fmtx-widget

apt-get install fm-faker simple-fmtx-widget

8. Leave xterm open

9. Go to your FM-transmitter and check if your range has been change. Enable it and then try to disable it. You'll get "Unable

to use FM transmitter". Because of the standard app doesn't know the frequency range in the modified fmtxd . Don't panic it will

be fixed later. Just check to be sure you can see the new frequencies.

9. Go back to Xterm and type the following:

chmod +x /usr/sbin/fmtxd
killall fmtxd
fmtxd -d (this will restart the FM transmitter daemon)

10. If the transmitter still does not shut down, then go back to xterm and type:

reboot

11. After reboot, your fmtx widget should work fine and so should the settings in the settings menu.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
It can be possible but why would you want a phone call going through your FM lol. Don't you know that other people may spying on you while you're talking to your girl friend during the mid night phone sex in the car afterwork?

I believe someone will come up with a hack but I would just bluetooth and then FM it
lol...i work from home and just find my bride!

i would rather not be bothered and have it go straight through to control the volume and not have multiple units going.

i used a motorola t505 for a long time which would allow me to use my car speakers for my calls. it worked great. just not sure why this was blocked. would still like the hack to be done if anyone is willing to break it.

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
lol...i work from home and just find my bride!

i would rather not be bothered and have it go straight through to control the volume and not have multiple units going.

i used a motorola t505 for a long time which would allow me to use my car speakers for my calls. it worked great. just not sure why this was blocked. would still like the hack to be done if anyone is willing to break it.
I believe because of the feed back received from the speakers would interfaring with the converstation and echoing. You can hear them but they will hear themselves talking while talking and listening. Very confusing isn't it!

Thought I would just say for definite...

My FM transmitter using that new file WORKS WITHOUT FMTX-FAKER.

Just put it on 87.5mhz and turned it on without a problem, and listened to it on the radio

Originally Posted by teh View Post
Thought I would just say for definite...

My FM transmitter using that new file WORKS WITHOUT FMTX-FAKER.

Just put it on 87.5mhz and turned it on without a problem, and listened to it on the radio
Yeah some people got it to work without FM-faker, not sure why but if you get the "Unable to use FM transmitter" then you need FM-faker to trigger the FM Transmitter to work again. More like a shock to revive a dying patient.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I'm one of the stupid people too, so could you enlighten me about something? Why are you such an expert on the serious consequences of violating US law? How long did you spend in the US? Or have you studied US law where you are?
I am not expert on US law. I presume that their laws are a bit stricter because of what FCC requires from every radio tx unit manufacturer before it can be sold in USA...

of course rules and regulations might be less tight but if you have to serve time in jail if you order orchids abroad and sell them.....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Oh seriously some members here really should enable some more of their brain cells, you take the whole topic way too serious.

The N900 has a FM transmitter with a few nW and even "tuned" it wouldn't be able to disturb ANY signal out there. You may can disturb your TV if you hold it near your TV antenna but except that its not able to take any influence on the public signals.
will you cover every aspect(legal fees, fines, ...) if someone using this gets caught and gets fined for example?

if not, why are you engouraging people to do something you don't seem to know a lot then?

can we just stop engouraging and say that everyone does it with their own riks. You probably won't get caught anyway but one probably doesn't win in the lottery too....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm