Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
at least we have a taste of it, better than nothing, right

anyone DL at the moment?
yes, I'm currently downloading it. Videoreview will be online tomorrow (latest)...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-03-17 at 17:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by slotti View Post
If they would only have the US Version up as well
But I guess their server would completely collaps at that time. Let's hope it's coming
soon.
And THUMBS UP to sygic not waiting for Ovi any longer.
I am happy to know the application is out finally, but a bit sad since bypassing Ovi Store is not good for the future of Maemo.... And it seems it will take a lot more time to get paid content....

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I thought it was mentioned here there would be a trial version?

Originally Posted by dimkit View Post
lest make someone a review and inform us if we can use some other maps from symbian version
I already asked about this to Sygic technical support and they said the maps are different between Symbian and Maemo version.

The Following User Says Thank You to russo_br For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
I already asked about this to Sygic technical support and they said the maps are different between Symbian and Maemo version.
Just great....that means I cannot use my Cyprus maps

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I thought it was mentioned here there would be a trial version?
Yes, a Sygic employee mentioned the trial at this same thread, but maybe their plans changed due to Ovi Store delays...

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Nice! unfortunately it looks like Sygic's website is hosted on an IBM XT pc machine, with a whopping 128kb memory and connected to the internet with a 14400 bps modem, as the thing is CRAWLING slower than a snail...

On another note - does anyone knows if its possible to download and install the application itself, and download the map separately? Sygic's site doesn't specify any map for Israel, though I know it exist as its available for S60 phones in Israel...

EDIT:
Uh well...

Last edited by efekt; 2010-03-17 at 17:51.

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Nice! unfortunately it looks like Sygic's website is hosted on an IBM XT pc machine, with a whopping 128kb memory and connected to the internet with a 14400 bps modem, as the thing is CRAWLING slower than a snail...

On another note - does anyone knows if its possible to download and install the application itself, and download the map separately? Sygic's site doesn't specify any map for Israel, though I know it exist as its available for S60 phones in Israel...

EDIT:

Uh well...
Well, at least they upgraded! When I had an XT, it was on a 300 bps modem!

It was a proud day indeed when I got that Smokin' AT with the 2400 bps modem. I still get a little verklempt when I reminisce about it!

Yes, a Sygic employee mentioned the trial at this same thread, but maybe their plans changed due to Ovi Store delays...
After the OVI maps debacle on the N900, I'm adopting a try before I buy attitude RE navigation SW.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
download crashed again.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn