Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Espooi, Finland
[QUOTE=Milhouse;65329]Full instructions for downloading and installing A2DP software can be found here. The instructions listed here offer a simplified and largely automated installation methodology that should work every time.

Jump to step 5 if you have xterm and wget installed, root access and have already paired your Bluetooth headset.

Pre-requisites to be satisfied before installing A2DP

0. Have an N800
- -

Please advise, does this hack work with N810 as well, anyone?

No, the "hack" is just for OS 2007, not OS 2008 (n810/n800).

Hello All,
(first post)
I followed Millhouse's simplified instructions for adding a2dp to my N800.
I would like to report bluetooth a2dp success using Kagu 1.0.10-3 and the Sony HWS-BTA2W. I have seen multiple posts about pairing the N800 with BT headphones, but none mention the Sony HWS-BTA2W, so I figured I would add this post. The Sony device is a nice way to add wireless mp3 audio to desktop radio's (ie... Bose or Cambridge SoundWorks).
FYI: N800 with OS2007 v 2007.26-8 (have not upgraded yet)

Thanks All,
SpeedyM

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
ukdutypaid - what JohnX says is correct, A2DP is available in OS2008 but it isn't enabled by default as it's not finished and still needs improving (such as DSP support). In order to enable A2DP in OS2008 you only need to edit one config file, which is easy to do with xterm but if you don't like getting your hands dirty it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to build a package to accomplish the task which you then install via the Application Manager.
Anybody have the instructions for OS2008 "you only need to edit one config file"

Thanks

ukdutypaid - what JohnX says is correct, A2DP is available in OS2008 but it isn't enabled by default as it's not finished and still needs improving (such as DSP support). In order to enable A2DP in OS2008 you only need to edit one config file, which is easy to do with xterm but if you don't like getting your hands dirty it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to build a package to accomplish the task which you then install via the Application Manager.
If it isn't that difficult, then how come nobody has done it yet?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by bartsimpson123844 View Post
If it isn't that difficult, then how come nobody has done it yet?
I'm not actually sure of the required change, my comment is based on this comment from maemo bugzilla. At a guess, I'd say the line "SCORouting=PCM" should be commented, but that is just a guess - searching the forum may provide more concrete instructions and feedback on A2DP performs in OS2008.

I'm not actually sure of the required change, my comment is based on this comment from maemo bugzilla. At a guess, I'd say the line "SCORouting=PCM" should be commented, but that is just a guess - searching the forum may provide more concrete instructions and feedback on A2DP performs in OS2008.
Sounds like Nokia might need to be fixing this soon as they probably sold a few 10K discounted n800 units at xmas.

maybe simpler to wait for nok and a device level implementation? thx

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Johnx and I have A2DP working somewhat decently... See this thread for details:
http://internettablettalk.com/forums...ad.php?t=13468
His first post goes over setting it up, and my post on page 5 has a .deb for a patched mplayer that fixes playback stuttering, and a few instructions to get it working correctly in kagu and for video.

PS: The search feature is wonderful.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Espooi, Finland
Thanks for the hints. As to the search function, I haven't been able to use it when, as nearly always, I am reading this forum with my N810...

Sorry to be a pain but I wondered if anyone could help me? I cannot get past stage 1: installing xterm. When I click on the install link a dialogue box pops up but whether I chose save or run nothing actually happens, near as I can tell. I have no idea where to start. Help?

Last edited by axzr; 2008-09-24 at 21:36.