Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
I've just flashed to the 930 500dsp kernel, my phone still can't recognize my memory card. Anyone else having issues with their memory card? My memory does not even show up on file manager.
I've been running at 900MHz for about 10 hours; no issues accessing my memory card.

yep .. it is fast ... but
how you instal new firmware?

950Mhz + 500Mhz DSP! So far so good!
I'm playing NFS III in psx4all and some GBA demoscene demos :P

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
The device is so much more responsive at 900

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Where do I find fiasco-flasher package / bin? Apt-get didn't find the package. I don't have fremantle-tools repo installed and I can only find fiasco-image-update and fiasco-do-update tools from my N900.

is this not the stock kernel just modified?

how can we restore firmware information in "settings--> about"?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stockholm
Thank you Lehto and all other contributors here.

I've been using the 125-900Mhz kernel for some hours now. No problems yet and it's definitely faster now.

- I've tried calling from it and to it. Sended and received sms. Most important tests
- Tried Mario Kart under DR.NOKSNES and it run smother than before.
- Tested youtube.com and svtplay.se (a swedish web tv page, higher resolution then youtube) and it works now. It was barely usable before.
- Tested some games among them Angry birds and the game Gweled(awsome game).
- Had several apps running simultaneously.

Didn't notice that the device got any warmer compared to before. Hara (no: 666 LOL) has a valid point. Joikuspot for sure will be a though test. It almost made my device glow at factory settings. Dare I try :-) It may send my phone to a very hot place.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Originally Posted by jmk View Post
Where do I find fiasco-flasher package / bin? Apt-get didn't find the package. I don't have fremantle-tools repo installed and I can only find fiasco-image-update and fiasco-do-update tools from my N900.
I think it is part of the system. You just dont't see it before you are root (type "sudo gainroot" in terminal).

It is in /usr/sbin/fiasco-flasher

As it was ask many times, woud it be possible to give a link or to edit the first post, or to create a new tread to HOW TO OVERLOCK THE N900

thanks so, so, soooooooo much

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom