Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Knowing the current guys a bit from lose but fruitfull contact, i can tell you it is not about the person doing it, but the task of pleasing everyone in the current setting being near impossible.
can you tell me what you understand from the highlighted sentence?

just clicked the image and it isn't readable, you can find it here:
http://archive.is/upaMP

Attached Images

Last edited by atbeyi; 2017-10-03 at 08:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atbeyi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I see where mikecomputing but this could be down to Jolla not really being great at communicating of what the hell is going on. Their blog post would be have been off just saying "Sorry we ran into some issues and had to delay stuff" or nothing at all as what they have posted just caused more confusion.

Now I am really hoping things will go well with Sony as the launch is successful but there should be a parity. If windows users get a tool that does everything with a button click and is robust and good to use, Linux users should get love too.

In two more days we should be getting more information, fingers crossed it's all good.
It is not Jollas fault that Sony choosed to use their own Flash tool!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Emma already existed for a long time so why did you even buy a Sony in the first place if you've go so much of a problem with the existence of proprietary flashtools?

It's not like anyone is forcing you to use it and you can still get full access to anything that you could do using Emma by flashing the read-only partitions from recovery instead of fastboot...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
so..... what did you expect? That they will develop a new linux only tool to flash a few hundred phones?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Here are the official instructions for how to get the blob-partition written (both the windows and the linux-way).

This is part of the instructions for community-builds but this way will also most likely work on the official image according to sledges from the #sailfishos-porters irc!

EDIT: If you're already on an community-build of sailfishOS on your Xperia X you can also prepare the partition like this:

Code:
devel-su
mkdir ~/oem
mount /dev/disk/by-partlabel/oem ~/oem
rm -rf ~/oem/*
cp -ar /system/vendor/* ~/oem
umount ~/oem
rmdir ~/oem
EDIT2: I can confirm that the "linux-way" also works on macOS

Last edited by jakibaki; 2017-10-03 at 18:53.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
I just received my xperia X today and it has spent the whole afternoon downloading and installing android updates......
Now I'm thinking that this may not have been a good idea?
From the previous post i see:
Code:
   Update your device to at least to Android version x-x_34.3.x.x.x with the Emma tool.
Now the device says it has compilation number: 34.2.A.0.311 with one update remaining..... Should I go ahead with the - hopefully - last update?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Virginia
The supply of the F5121 in the US seems to being drying up and the prices are creeping up. Have Sony discontinued to manufacture this model?

I was waiting to hear about North American availability of the official release before purchasing but it seems if I wait too much longer, I will have to buy a used phone or pay an exorbitant price for a new one.

My primary reason for posting is to ask if anyone knows if the delay for release to the u.s. and canada is a technical or legal issue?

B&H Photo still has some for 230usd.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robissimo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
officially, only legal issues regarding payment were mentioned.
Concidering f5121s are sold regulary in the US, there should'nt be any technical problems.
@Explit offered a forward service. You should contact him personally for details.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by atbeyi View Post
can you tell me what you understand from the highlighted sentence?
in other words:
"Sony (suddenly/at some point) forced us to use emma as official way to flash, but we are not blaming them for not telling us earlier to not taint our fresh relationship"

or if you like:
"We busted up and did not read sonys instructions well enough that could have told us from the beginning we would have to use emma, as it is stated on archived developer.sonymobile.com since 08/2016"

We will never know but either way, what difference does it make?
Somehow they got aware at some late point that emma would be part of the sony story and spun it into the only positive way left, "Hello Windows users, it is easier for you now to test sfos".
(Linux users, calm down and carry on, bear with us, we can not singlehandedly change the world for you).

the quoted:
Secondly, if you check Sony’s open devices website, this change is on their very latest news.
clearly is wrong as there are no news regarding flashing methods but i pardon james. It is not a lie but an error based on him assuming the new development he was informed about was on top of the sony developr page. so he assumed it was news.

And why i forgive him? Its people asking überfluous questions that force him into such unnecessary timewasting answers. Not me.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-10-04 at 01:01.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x