Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Chennai
its now been 7 months that i have my n900 & to the shock that i just now came to know that n900 does not support 3G video call ?
WTF ? this is a crap phone then !! i hate u nokia for this ,,, idiots !!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redscorpionkiller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I loled @ your post..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
what it took you 7 months.
lol
I knew that before I bought my N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by redscorpionkiller View Post
its now been 7 months that i have my n900 & to the shock that i just now came to know that n900 does not support 3G video call ?
WTF ? this is a crap phone then !! i hate u nokia for this ,,, idiots !!!
So you bought a phone expecting 3G video calls but didn't bother to check the specifications before doing so?

I know who the idiot is.......

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
But seriously, missing 3G video calling functionality in the N900 is a bit silly. It's not like Nokia doesn't know how to do or something. They have this on their Symbian phones. What is stopping them from providing it on the N900?

Even the much anticipated/planned MeeGo-DE doesn't support 3G video calling at the moment (this could change in the future though).

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
The reason is that noone really uses 3G video calls. I haven't yet met anyone who uses it.

Reason: wireless providers give 3G video calls for such a high price so that buying a data plan and making Skype video calls over 3G is cheapre.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
The reason is that noone really uses 3G video calls. I haven't yet met anyone who uses it.

Reason: wireless providers give 3G video calls for such a high price so that buying a data plan and making Skype video calls over 3G is cheapre.
I don't know about the rates at your place but when 3G was introduced in India, my prepaid plan offered video calls at 50p per minute. Same as the voice call rates. And even after 1 year, I think the rates are still the same.

50p = 0.5 INR and 1$ = 45 INR.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
so, why all the other phone on the planet..even for 50 euros have this feature?

strange..hu.. nobody wants, nobody uses but most of the phone has it

I'm sorry you can say what you want, but there is no logical/technical/commercial reason for this lack, i can leave withouth it but I have the right to be upset, when I read the specs on 3 website it was written under 3g videocall: "will be released in the future"... they lied!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Part of the problem is when it took off there wasn't enough handsets that supported 3G. So you couldn't call anyone on them, I did once on my Tytn 2 and it was quite novel at the time.

But I have to ask Nokia if you don't support video calls, what is the f***ing point of putting a face pointing camera on the phone. It is such a low quality that you can't seriously use it, not that any software was bundled with it so as to make it useful anyway.

That is the idiotic thing with this.

To the OP.
"Welcome to the N900, letting you down a little bit more each day."

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
@OP, so you don't use 3G video calling, and you're angry just because the feature isn't there? Is it me or does that seem a bit ridiculous ...

Tags
bada rox, double rainbow, tech unicorns