what do you miss in the n900???

Originally Posted by Ahmed Henry View Post
what do you miss in the n900???
hey there bro !!! actually got a thing that i miss that N900 doesn't have, which is personalisation of profile..before this im using N95, which got a few profiles that we can personalise..and i can put any contact with a chosen music as ringtone..so that whoever call i can know just by listen to the ringtone..i really miss that function in N900..

does there any software that i can download to get back this function ?? thanks . . .

- google maps
- more responsive OS
- slightly better touch experience (iphone is the reference)
- better design of nokia-apps (some are just like beta software, or again not as thought as iphone's ones)
- and of course, more battery

And regarding the rest of nice features, they are excellent

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
Android....

Nothing

Being able to stream propely from bbc iplayer etc, its just too choppy. other than that and new flash update the web browsing experience is best you can get bar none IMO. More games in OVI store would also be nice... More stable emus for GBA etc, though SNES emu pretty solid...

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
Improve the maps (google maps on n95 was fantastic) and improve the battery life and overall I'm a happy camper.

The only other minor complains would be slightly more accommodating phone features.

I miss the phone features that have been on symbian Nokia phones for 10 years but are amazingly missing from the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Originally Posted by petrelli View Post
- google maps
- more responsive OS
- slightly better touch experience (iphone is the reference)
- better design of nokia-apps (some are just like beta software, or again not as thought as iphone's ones)
- and of course, more battery

And regarding the rest of nice features, they are excellent
When I first saw this thread, I thought "finally, I can unburden myself to the community at large." However, although I still have these and other problems with the phone (weight, lack of apps. etc.), what I really miss is polish. Perhaps the above "touch experience" captures this sentiment.

The N900 is rough around the edges. It is certainly powerful as far as potential and capabilities, but it an isn't intuitive user interface, and doesn't flow well. For instance, closing an app from the "dashboard" view is a silly implementation of any window manager (i.e. hit the "x"), instead of something akin to WebOS "card view" which I find elegant and awesome

Another example is the poorly done phone app. It has limited functionality (lack of call [easily accessible and comprehensive] history), poor integration with "contacts" (because it doesn't really jump in-and-out from one app to the other), and also the slow responsiveness when running other apps (it should "Freeze" other apps, and make the call top priority, but what usually happens is that the screen flashes and becomes non-responsive, and one misses the call).

A smooth user interface takes a device from good to great.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmc8501 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
2 specific things that were there since day 1 for my samsung jet:
- barcode-scan-app
- proper panorama-maker (no, quickpanorama pro is not a "proper" app)

general things:
- smoothness of the ui