Notices

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
In the meantime, frals, w00t, eternal, anyone else: How much money would I have to give you to get you to work on this project until it's finished and reasonably usable? I am being reasonably serious here. I feel like getting the N900 to it's full potential is extremely worth it, including paying for it (so long as it's understood that payment is for the service of working on the open-source project, not for the end-result product). Hopefully enough people will join me in this that no one has to spend too much, but we'll see.

So, someone who knows hildon and this keyboard project well enough: throw out a figure. What will it take for you to focus on this project?
I'd contribute too. Not huge amounts of money because i can't afford it, but i'd definitely contribute.

Are the screenshots above how this app stands now? Because i have it installed and i still have the page 1 images i.e. T9 layout not qwerty

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
No. Some of the screen shots "above" (technically previous pages) are mock-ups, some are what Eternal was working on in his clone (as I understand it) of this keyboard.

The most recent repos version is still pretty much the original package referred to in the first post. If you know how to compile from source into an optified installation deb, you probably could from eternal's clone (it's linked to on the source page linked to from the first post).

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
No. Some of the screen shots "above" (technically previous pages) are mock-ups, some are what Eternal was working on in his clone (as I understand it) of this keyboard.

The most recent repos version is still pretty much the original package referred to in the first post. If you know how to compile from source into an optified installation deb, you probably could from eternal's clone (it's linked to on the source page linked to from the first post).
Thanks for the reply. I know nothing about coding or developing, but is it possible for the developers of this project to do what you said and have this up and running?

Is this no longer being developed?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

I think this is so much better than FastSMS and VertSMS. It just replaces the VK without being a separate app like FastSMS or needing you to install MyContacts, it is already integrated with email and SMS, and best of all it works with browsing. I can't see the point of portrait browsing if each new address or field to complete requires going back to landscape.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
@developer, little off topic but, can you make the keyboard typing in unicode of different language than en(Nepali in my case) just as in pc (cntrl+shift to switch keyboard)?. There's a javascript which can do the thing: http://www.unicodenepali.com/unicodenepali/v2/, upon saving the page it can be used offline as well but its not comfortable to use it as I will need to switch to the page and then copy and paste the content back. I wish to have it in all the system(shift+cntrl or some shortcut). I might try to create it myself but I have no programing knowledge, yet I downloaded nokia qt(about a month back). the download was partially corrupted, yet it got installed and works partially. Now when I try to install deb created from that sdk(samples provided along with it) it says incompatible(dont remember it exactly). so can't even try to code. i have another wish of creating desktop widget to show Nepali calander in desktop but....

why not to download new version? because my internet is too too slow to download 900+ mb file from non resumable server(partially resumable). it took more that a week to download that curruptrd version.

btw i am sure creating custem calander will be possible, but is it possible to apply that unicode typing support systemwise as I said using qt?

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
@developer, little off topic but, can you make the keyboard typing in unicode of different language than en(Nepali in my case) just as in pc (cntrl+shift to switch keyboard)?. There's a javascript which can do the thing: http://www.unicodenepali.com/unicodenepali/v2/, upon saving the page it can be used offline as well but its not comfortable to use it as I will need to switch to the page and then copy and paste the content back. I wish to have it in all the system(shift+cntrl or some shortcut). I might try to create it myself but I have no programing knowledge, yet I downloaded nokia qt(about a month back). the download was partially corrupted, yet it got installed and works partially. Now when I try to install deb created from that sdk(samples provided along with it) it says incompatible(dont remember it exactly). so can't even try to code. i have another wish of creating desktop widget to show Nepali calander in desktop but....

why not to download new version? because my internet is too too slow to download 900+ mb file from non resumable server(partially resumable). it took more that a week to download that curruptrd version.

btw i am sure creating custem calander will be possible, but is it possible to apply that unicode typing support systemwise as I said using qt?
It doesn't appear this is still being developed at all, let alone to incorporate even more suggestions

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
@developer, little off topic but, can you make the keyboard typing in unicode of different language than en(Nepali in my case) just as in pc (cntrl+shift to switch keyboard)?.
try to contact this author,
http://tinyurl.com/284fedl
they have the unicode nepali version for linux and multiple other OSes. when i was needing a Nepali Romanized Unicode for my mac, they provided me with all the files needed and instruction as well, now you can simply download it but they didnot have the mac version for download longtime ago when i needed it. i would love to see the localized version of maemo in Nepali. may be they can help since they have a linux desktop distro localized.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
This would make the N900 complete. We need someone to complete the project

The Following User Says Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:

Tags
hit and run, worthless