Why youtube videos are only 360p ? I see for dailymotion is available 480p .

Later edit : It seems my device is playing 480p better than 360p . On 360p videos I have a little lag at every 2 seconds , but with 480p I'm getting sometimes "you can't play this type of video" even if it plays very smooth .

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2012-08-20 at 09:46.

Not being happy with the recent updated UI and not being able to play video in background or the option to monitor clipboard for youtube links, I decided to go back to an older release of cutetube version 1.07 and made it work by deleting a line of code that was making cutetube crash when videos where click to start playing.
Now I can say I'm happy to have cutetube working again.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Transcend View Post
Not being happy with the recent updated UI and not being able to play video in background or the option to monitor clipboard for youtube links, I decided to go back to an older release of cutetube version 1.07 and made it work by deleting a line of code that was making cutetube crash when videos where click to start playing.

Yup same here the above features were the killer features...I too downgraded just for them...Hope marxian manages to re-implement them in some new version down the road...

Its ironic how i used to use this and OVP from marxian as examples of how the n9 is more advanced than droids but an upgrade made it less advanced just as those droids were getting on par

Originally Posted by Transcend View Post
Transcend, is it done via qml-file editing? If such, can you provide some instructions on how to do that?

Also, could this be done with v.1.1.2? I think it is the latest version before UI rewrite.

Last edited by PIDk; 2012-09-06 at 08:08.

Yes! is a qml-file not sure if it can be done to v.1.1.2 or if would work since I didn't test that version because I don't have a backup of that .deb
The qml-file to edit is NowPlayingPage.qml it's located inside
/opt/cutetube/qml/cutetube/

go to line 336 and delete
opacity: position > 0 ? 1 : 0
save the changes run cutetube and enjoy!

Ok I got good news guys a friend of mine had a back up of v.1.1.2 and I did the same to that file so I can also confirm that it works on that version.

edit line 348 on v.1.1.2

Last edited by Transcend; 2012-09-06 at 09:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Transcend For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for digging into this!

The built-in backup mechanism doesn't backup the .deb files right? At least I can't find them in /home/user/myDocs/.backups/ anywhere and I have of course already installed the newest version...

You want the .deb files either use N9QTweak to catch them while they are installing or if its already installed then look at this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86611

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Incredible. CuteTube goes from amazing and indispensable to trashy and unusable. Somethings I will never understand.
@martycollinsesq

Recently, old version of cuteTube (v.1.1.2 with Transcend fix) stopped to play videos. If you try to play any video cuteTube says:
Can't retrieve video. Access may be restricted.
But you can open video page, view comments, etc. I tried to connect my account to cuteTube but this doesn't help.

Does anyone have the same behaviour with old cuteTube? Is new version working ok?

Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Recently, old version of cuteTube (v.1.1.2 with Transcend fix) stopped to play videos. If you try to play any video cuteTube says:
But you can open video page, view comments, etc. I tried to connect my account to cuteTube but this doesn't help.

Does anyone have the same behaviour with old cuteTube? Is new version working ok?
I read on the fremantle thread about a new way to access YouTube hence marxian has pushed out a new update to Harmattan and Symbian versions...

Maybe due to this the old version doesn't work?

I don't use cuteTube anymore since the new version is something that the stock browser with iOS UA plays back well too...Only when i wish to download i use it...I miss the multi-tasking ability it used to have but like marxian explained he won't be recoding it so no way that will ever make it into the new versions ...

Tags
cutetube, harmattan, youtube