Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
I'm so annoyed!! no release in the UK!! after all this time, reviews and press conferences in the UK!!!

I am now tempted to move away from Nokia!!!! GRRR

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-the-uk-990157
This is really strange. First they announce the N9 in UK and even invite media for some hands-on time with the device and now they are not going to release it there?

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
This is really strange. First they announce the N9 in UK and even invite media for some hands-on time with the device and now they are not going to release it there?
People always want what they cannot have

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
White flag it might have to be. Nokia is giving up a lot to just succeed in the US. This makes little sense as the rest of the world is as, if not more important. But I suppose if Nokia succeed in the US - it means MS succeeds? Starting to make a lot of sense.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why not create a "nokia in US" thread so we can keep talking about n9 here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
None of the headlines read 'London looters organised through Nokia messaging'... because nobody uses Nokia services other than Maps.
Probably also because Nokia messaging is not encrypted (though I admit I have no idea)

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Why not create a "nokia in US" thread so we can keep talking about n9 here.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Exactly. A few years ago all those kids would have had Nokia phones.

None of the headlines read 'London looters organised through Nokia messaging'... because nobody uses Nokia services other than Maps.
There was supposed to be a riot outside the Nokia store, organised by N97 owners, but there were two problems:

1. The store has been closed.
2. The rioters turned up at the wrong location due to GPS failure.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Yesterday i wrote nokia a short letter with my concerns about the lack of the n9 for the US.
In short, i suggested that the n9 and windows nokia's can exist in the US market, subsidized windows for the masses, and the n9 for the loyalists. I expressed my discontent for how they are just about to alienate all their loyal users to bring in new ones. I understand business is business, but i see no reason the n9 and wp can't coexist here in the US. Seriously, how hard would it be to just let us buy it unlocked online?

Here was the response i got this morning.
"Hi Joe,

Thank you for emailing the Nokia Careline.

We appreciate your interest in our product.

In response to your concern, we would like to inform you that the release date of the Nokia N9 is yet to be determined. Also, we are unable to guarantee if the said device will be available for purchase in the United States. What we can suggest to you is to frequently visit our website as well as our discussion board for more information on this matter.

We are hoping for your patience and understanding on this matter."

A glimmer of hope that a US version may come?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post

A glimmer of hope that a US version may come?
yes, coming with ebay

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
hopefully N9 will be available in my country (Indonesia) soon...

few signs already showing....

nokia indonesia already has a page introducing the N9 (written in bahasa Indonesia)
http://www.nokia.co.id/cari-produk/ponsel/nokia-n9

there is also a page showing accesories for N9 including hardcase, softcase and carrying case (also written in bahasa Indonesia)
http://www.nokia.co.id/cari-produk/a...?phoneid=25113

IIRC from the experience with N900, after a product description appears in nokia indonesia page then it will be released shortly... CMIIW
eventhough from the page info the N9 page was last modified in 12 July 2011

as usual nokia indonesia still has no clue (or won't tell) when N9 will be available in Indonesia (been asking them quite a lot and also several nokia retailer)

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????