Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I'll take a look whether dh_python builds at all.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-11-23 at 16:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
dh-python would build. It only needs python3-minimal which we don't have...

does dh-python manage the modules? The python-central management would help us with some work - we wouldn't have to port everything. And there is python-central 0.6.17 in Linux Mint.

Code:
 $ apt-cache policy python-central
python-central:
  Installed: 0.6.17ubuntu2
  Candidate: 0.6.17ubuntu2
  Version table:
 *** 0.6.17ubuntu2 0
        700 http://packages.linuxmint.com/ qiana/upstream amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

marmistrz: regarding dh_python, it seems to help with packaging and allowing bytecode for each supported version of python to be created at install time. As python-central has been depreciated since at least Thu, 14 Apr 2011, it might be worth investigating at some stage in future as it will make porting much easier.
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/FAQ#W..._dh_python3.3F (also has transistion links for python-central and python-support)
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/TransitionToDHPython2 (more general)

Anyway, I have found the last 2.5 release of python-default and tweaked to swap its 2.6 support for 2.7. python-central 0.6.17 port done as well. THESE ARE *NOT* TESTED!! I'm at the wrong machine to be running any tests at the moment, but I thought I'd post here so anyone can review the source to see if I've done anything stupid in the process.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x47qm8nxj...pBPMQ5i_a?dl=0

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Did anyone install new python-central and python-defaults? If it doesn't brick your phone I'll go and install it and thoroughly test it

I haven't even had a chance to test myself yet, need to get on pc to test with scratchbox first. long hours at work at the moment.

If I can get hold of another n900 cheap it would be a lot easier as it wouldn't matter if I have to reflash it. As it stands I only have the one device so I need to be a bit more careful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
THE mAEMO IS A LINUX sATELITE. Python is the best thing in N900.
2.5 2.7 3.4 after me you guys with your knolige do not complicate ....stay with 2.5 ...build mypaint, kht and the rest....will be edited
and one more thing. a real Maemo solder will never have a signature:>"donate"

Last edited by SHARP66; 2014-11-26 at 23:26.

Your caps lock turned on. A real Maemo soldier needn't eat or pay the bills, need they? Of course, they are robots, so they needn't even sleep!

Besides, we're not breaking 2.5 compatibility. But if you'd like to, rather wait, until Fremantle's Python rusts so much that nothing new runs on it. And then weep. And if you're so knowledgeable, contribute yourself.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Your caps lock turned on. A real Maemo soldier needn't eat or pay the bills, need they?
I buyed this N900 because I am a homeles in Romania and if I will have some economic difficulties is the best device(low electric consumption.
What I contributeed? not much
But I think that with your Pythonistas help ....
I think .... I am to tired
but I wil explain even if no one will care.
And why is N900 the best for peoples like me?
I never had a friend like u(with your knowledge)
What I want to say...stay with 2.5 on maemo and put some low level works so someone like me ,can have more fun with Python and N900.
lot of Python code u will see

Last edited by SHARP66; 2014-11-27 at 15:00.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I haven't even had a chance to test myself yet, need to get on pc to test with scratchbox first. long hours at work at the moment.
If I can get hold of another n900 cheap it would be a lot easier as it wouldn't matter if I have to reflash it. As it stands I only have the one device so I need to be a bit more careful.
check in to #neo900 or post in neo900 thread to see if you can get a dev n900

files on dropbox updated. i forgot to change depends from 2.6 to match 2.7 available in repo so any python-all-* package wouldn't install.

tested in scratchbox. installed all but *-dbg packages. all seem to work correctly having tried rebuilding themselves, mussorgsky and running any files in /usr/bin in each package. little more and i'd be prepared to test on device.

prior to install of python2.7, directory in /usr/lib didn't exist. afterwards any file in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages that are managed by pycentral (type: pycentral list) are now in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages. Mussorgsky, for some reason, doesn't appear in the list for either! I've downloaded python-cairo and mutagen (random choice) to see if I can find some reasoning. I've also got a different packaging script to try.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: