Notices

awesome player.. i loved it

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
i have two problems:

-When I activate Car mode, the media player crashes but the music still playing.
-All of my songs are repeated. How I reset the media finder for fix it?

Originally Posted by dymaxion View Post
I download many TED videocasts using gPodder, and the raw filenames aren't that useful:

"GrahamHill_2011U" whereas stock media player shows
"TED: Graham Hill (2011 University)" which is a much more useful title
I tried with "CharlieTodd_2011X.mp4" and it shows up as "TED: Charlie Todd (2011 TEDx)", so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Originally Posted by dymaxion View Post
Also I have the same video quality issue already reported with the QML video component. How does the stock player render? With generic Meego libraries perhaps? Can you switch to use these instead of QML ones or can you not interchange QML components with non-QML?
Huh? I thought QML-anything is used only for Car and Entertainment View.

Originally Posted by kralde View Post
Ï have maemo PR 1.3.1 without CSSU. Üsing the last version of OMP, when I star the car mode, the app crash. A bug o it is my problem???
Cannot reproduce that, but I have CSSU installed.

Originally Posted by kralde View Post
All of my songs are repeated. How I reset the media finder for fix it?
I'm don't know what's with those "repeated songs", but when I read "reset", running "tracker-processes -r" from the terminal comes to mind.

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
when a video playback is over, omp does not return to videos menu but stays as a black screen...
is it fixable...?
It's fixed and should appear in the repository within a few minutes. Updated Swedish and German are there too.

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
and yeah can mafw-gst-eq-renderer integrated into it...?
I'm not sure what you mean by "integrate" (a button to open the equalizer settings?). I don't have any plans regarding mafw-gst-eq-renderer at the moment.

Originally Posted by vittoriob4 View Post
any chance to loop one song besides doing it for entire album/playlist?
MAFW doesn't support it and simulating it would be ugly and possibly buggy. There is a chance, but I don't feel like it's a good time to do it.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2011-11-12 at 22:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
omp from repository doesn't close properly, it will stay run in background, even the song pause or stop, so in order to close omp i shuld killall openmediaplayer,
i am sure its not tied up with the previous one from this thread cause my n900 still new fresh after reflash fiasco and emmc
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
so, how to test my own translation?

i have openmediaplayer.ru.ts

so where i must move it?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
omp from repository doesn't close properly, it will stay run in background, even the song pause or stop, so in order to close omp i shuld killall openmediaplayer,
i am sure its not tied up with the previous one from this thread cause my n900 still new fresh after reflash fiasco and emmc
That is a "feature", that I think should be disabled by default.

Press in the Menu Bar and open Settings screen. You'll see an option where you can choose what to do when exiting the player, choose "stop playing" and it's done.

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
I dont now if it is Omp but Sociality dont work after update:S

Love the Player

But I've found sometimes when listening to music, the track will play but It will keep the title and album art of a previous song

Also when watching a movie on the player "the touch" next and previous buttons do not work.

Last edited by eggtimer; 2011-11-13 at 13:00.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
what's the "lazy sliders" in settings?

what is it? (for translation) (i don't know what this function doing)

brilliant job with OMP, this should replace stock media player in next cssu update. i couldnt find any problems (so far). what is lazy slider option? which lyrics backend is used? any easier instructions for opening OMP when media player widget is pressed?

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse