Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
This comes from my N900. Does N9's free look different?
Code:
BusyBox v1.21.1 (Debian 1.21.1power1+thumb0) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ free
             total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem:        235252       229308         5944            0         2580
-/+ buffers:             226728         8524
Swap:       804856        86948       717908
~ $
Same - you even have a greater version of bb (N9's is 1.20.0)

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
You guys are funny N9's keyboard was AMONG THE BEST virtual keyboard there is to exist. I rarely have mistakes, heck, I can even type without looking iPhone iOS 7's keyboard was a little better, Android's is just horrible. I'm glad to say at least that it will be using maliit
Which Android-keyboard you mean, or all of them (~100)?
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=keyboard&c=apps

I must say, I type faster with Samsung Galaxy S3 touchscreen qwerty, than with N900 hardware qwerty. There was alot more typos in the start, but those have gone away with time and with a help of word correction aid.

I use couple of soft keyboards daily. Hacker's keyboard is useful in ssh-terminals:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ion.pckeyboard

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
this RAM argument is actually funny. i don't think the slowdowns of n9 is because of ram. not even close in my opinion. i don't know the exact reason (maybe the cpu?) but RAM amount is definitely not the case. my experience with the RAM of n9's was that the device almost always uses most of the ram BUT that never determined my device's speed. heck i even managed to open 30 apps without a slowdown when almost 800 mb memory was used before testing the device.
anyway i'm hoping (actually sure) that those problems are solved on the sailfish device. the only thing that may consume memory is the heavy crapdroid applications (maybe good acl from jolla?). 1gb ram is not a limitation. it will be enough if the os is good/optimized/whatever enough to handle the memory amount.

if you want so much RAM buy a galaxy note 3.

now you can call me a fanboy.

Last edited by Artyom; 2013-10-04 at 12:29.

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
BTW, have Jolla announced what the phone is going to be called? If not may I suggest N10! That would be a real slap in the trojans face.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

It's called "The Jolla".

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
In that case I suggest the Maemo community should call it N10, unofficially.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
In that case I suggest the Maemo community should call it N10, unofficially.
If the device actually is like a portable computer and you can get a keyboard other half, some part of the community may want to call it N1000 :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Yeah, Jolla NX perhaps.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Well... N900->N9->... N0.09?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
this RAM argument is actually funny. i don't think the slowdowns of n9 is because of ram. not even close in my opinion. i don't know the exact reason (maybe the cpu?) but RAM amount is definitely not the case. my experience with the RAM of n9's was that the device almost always uses most of the ram BUT that never determined my device's speed. heck i even managed to open 30 apps without a slowdown when almost 800 mb memory was used before testing the device.
anyway i'm hoping (actually sure) that those problems are solved on the sailfish device. the only thing that may consume memory is the heavy crapdroid applications (maybe good acl from jolla?). 1gb ram is not a limitation. it will be enough if the os is good/optimized/whatever enough to handle the memory amount.

if you want so much RAM buy a galaxy note 3.

now you can call me a fanboy.
The Jolla guys couldn't get multitasking to work properly on N900 nor N9. Why do you think they will get it right now with 1gb of RAM????