Notices

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
I am curious to know the experience of other people who are using the built-in SIP app in os2008.

I can make call from the app with no problem, but having problem on incomming calls.

I know there is no issue with my router firewall as i m using the ATA device behind the same router.

is SIP app in os2008 keep the connection with the sip provider or only make connection on outgoing calls?

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
The OS2008 SIP client will register on the SIP server/provider and will attempt to keep the connection alive. I'm using it for both incoming and outgoing calls via an Asterisk server.

Chances are this will have something to do with your SIP server configuration. What are you running for a server? Are inbound calls routed to this SIP account when your using a client other then the Nokia?

well, i have two a/c from the same sip provide. my home phone from ATA I am calling to my other a/c in nokia, no response.

If I call from nokia to my home phone, it rings.

Have no clue what I am doing wrong,

what is the value you have: "keep-alive mechanism"?
do you have any frequency defined for "keep-alive frequency"?

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
I'm using the default settings for the OS2008 SIP client for keep-alive, lookup public IP, etc.

I'm not clear on what you mean by "a/c". Accounts?

What SIP server/service are you using?

Is it a server at home behind your firewall/NAT or one out on the net?

yes a/c = account

I m using gizmoproject sip account.

I have no problem making outgoing calls, but no incomming on my nokia.

My ATA is fine and receiving all calls on the same network and same settings.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
I am able to "register" with my SIP provider (Free, french ISP), but no way to get outgoing/incoming call working. As far as I know it is a known issue, but not solved yet (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1699)

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I've also got mine registering to an asterisk box and I'm having no trouble with incoming or outgoing. I've used the default for keep-alive, didn't change anything. And, much to my delight, DTMF now works!

It sounds like since you have two accounts, maybe thats the problem with your Nokia device. Most firewalls do NAT, and if you've got two different machines on the network trying to talk SIP, that might be the issue.

Originally Posted by ElGatoFlojo View Post
I've also got mine registering to an asterisk box and I'm having no trouble with incoming or outgoing. I've used the default for keep-alive, didn't change anything. And, much to my delight, DTMF now works!

It sounds like since you have two accounts, maybe thats the problem with your Nokia device. Most firewalls do NAT, and if you've got two different machines on the network trying to talk SIP, that might be the issue.

well thats not true, as I am using actually 3 ATAs inside my home network, and there is no problem with any of them (I know sounds weired but its from 2 different provider who doesn't offer the SIP forwarding).

So the only problem is with the N800. I have to check that in my nokia as well as I have 2 accounts setup in the sip client (only 1 is enable). I guess I remove that disable account and then will check it again.

But this problem is something only with the application setting and not with the network, I am 100% sure on that.

will post the result once I will check that.

Thanks...

I think I know what it is. If you have gizmoproject and have inactive a/c you don't get ring (no incomming).

Thats my guess have no way to check that though.

Any idea how to activate the account without buying anything from gizmoproject?

thanks once again.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by ShyBoy View Post
I think I know what it is. If you have gizmoproject and have inactive a/c you don't get ring (no incomming).

Thats my guess have no way to check that though.

Any idea how to activate the account without buying anything from gizmoproject?

thanks once again.
Thanks for this post. I've been wondering/thinking the same thing. Gizmo has this 'all calls free' activation process that involves inviting others and using the product, etc, and I've done both of those, but somehow one or the other account gets labeled 'inactive' and then no ring. I also have not been able to verify this, but it looks like they want us to buy something in order to make it work.

The other thought is that the no ring problem on Gizmo has something to do with router settings, and this is way outta my league. I have a simple little wireless router (netgear) at home, but I've never tinkered with the settings. Any other ideas?