Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
SimplyDan, (this is kind of off topic though) you must had been messing with the SMS settings.

Go to Conversations menu, click on Settings and check that the SMS center number is "Use from SIM Card". That's assuming your cell phone provider set the correct number in your SIM Card.

If it was user defined then you need to look for the SMS center number of your cell phone provider and set it there to make it work.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I'd like to add something, I have said it several times in the thread but people just don't listen:

You CAN'T use the same number in two different platforms. Don't register in Yappari, then boot to Nitdroid and register again using Whatsapp, or take the SIM out to another phone and register it, and then go back to Yappari.

If you do that you will GET BANNED from Whatsapp and you'll have to send them an email crying all over it to get unbanned.

If you're getting errors that you tried to register too many times, you might be already banned. You might have to wait a whole month to re-register, or you might have to send an email to Whatsapp.

So please, if you're gonna use Yappari, JUST USE YAPPARI AND NOTHING ELSE. DON'T USE ANOTHER FORM OF WHATSAPP WITH THE SAME NUMBER.
Hi Scorpius,

I registered my phone on Nitdroid and now I am try in Maemo. Would it work fine if I uninstall Nitdroid or I need to send an email to Whatsapp?

I get the same error as mentioned above.

Nope it won't. It wouldn't matter if you uninstall Whatsapp in your Nitdroid (or the whole Nitdroid for all that matters). The damage was already made.

I guess you need to send an email asking to unblock your account or wait until the first days of the next month.

Ok, here's an EARLY release of Yappari. There are several things that didn't work that I had to disable, and the things I left in this release have some issues too.

That's the reason it has took me a while.

But I wanted you guys to test this release and get a preview of the contact synchronization.

Features:

* If the sync is fully enabled, It will sync every number no matter if it has dashes, parenthesis, spaces or if it's local or international.
* You can read the status of your contacts in the contact list.
* Also you can see their pictures.

Known Issues:

* Automatic sync is disabled in this release (why?, keep reading).
* Contacts will be only sync'd when you connect to the Whatsapp servers or when you click on Sync Now
* Yappari lags a little bit when contacts are sync'd. This irritates me and I'll do my best to fix it.

If you have one of those weird phobias like paranoia or persecution phobia you should go to a doctor but to avoid a panic attack in the meantime you can add this exact line to the yappari.conf before starting this version:

(NOT RECOMMENDED TO MOST PEOPLE):

Code:
sync=intl
That will make Yappari only load the numbers in international format from your address book and sync those. Also numbers must have a plus sign and only digits, no spaces, no dashes, no parenthesis, etc.

Even though there are some people here that will claim contacts synchronization is a privacy issue, it is not. No private information is uploaded to Whatsapp servers. The numbers in your address book are queried in a pseudo-anonymous fashion (they could link them to you by your IP address but I'm sure they don't do it). It is safe. The names are not uploaded, nor any other information like email, pictures, etc. Also remember that if a number is in the address book of a legit Whatsapp user it'll be queried every hour so it's very useless for you to avoid querying the ones that are in your address book.

Also you'll be amazed that +95% of your contact list uses Whatsapp.

You can also load Yappari once, let it sync, and then quit it and put the line above in the config file. This will work a little different: contacts that have been reported as Whatsapp users will be sync'd forever in addition of the new ones you include using international format.

The deb:

http://uppit.com/evgjyn5qsrsr/yappari_0.0.17_armel.deb

Lemme know how it goes. This release could have several bugs so I'm not updating the first post until I get some feedback from you.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-22 at 05:02.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Cool. Testing it right away.

BTW I recall that you stated that Yappari use Other Notifications settings for its LED.
Will you consider to change it to IM Notification LED instead? Thing is, I use Opera a lot, and for unknown reason Opera also use Other Notifications when there's an active connection. So I need to disable the entire Other Notifications LED.

Or maybe you can let users choose their LED preferences (or disable entirely) using the .conf? That would also be nice.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Seems to be working here. It takes a lot of memory and time to start but then it works well and the resident memory usage is not that high.

Good work!

BTW, only new features were disabled, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to llucax For This Useful Post:
Sadly I can't. Maemo has something I hate called libhildon-plugins-notify-sv.so which is not open and it takes care of the LED and sound part of the notifications using groups called "categories".

Maemo defined categories are "chat-message", "sms-message", "email-message", etc. The category is linked to the LED notification group and can't be changed. Yappari defines a new category called "yappari-message". Since it's not a predefined category, it uses "Other Notifications" for the LED settings.

If the Yappari notifications have the "chat-message" category (that's what you want) the icon will be the envelope and some other settings already chained to that. You'll lose things like notifications attached to the window, which is very important.

There must be a way to disable the LED notification INSIDE the Opera application.

If there's not, what you can do is verify the file /etc/hildon-desktop/notification-groups.conf and see if Opera has defined a group there. If it does, delete the "LED-Pattern" line in the Opera section, reboot, and see if it helps.

Originally Posted by llucax View Post
BTW, only new features were disabled, right?
Yes, of course.

Actually I didn't notice the high CPU during sync and kinda high resident memory so I guess I'll work on that for the next release.

Anyway like I said it's an early release so it's supposed to suck a little bit.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-22 at 06:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
There must be a way to disable the LED notification INSIDE the Opera application.

If there's not, what you can do is verify the file /etc/hildon-desktop/notification-groups.conf and see if Opera has defined a group there. If it does, delete the "LED-Pattern" line in the Opera section, reboot, and see if it helps.
Unfortunately it seems that I can't find either of them. But that's okay, I can live with it

Back to Yappari. Contact sync works perfectly now. Yes it does hang the application during sync, but it only take a few seconds and I don't see any reason (at least for now) to force it to run automatically.
I mean, I can just sync it manually every time I add new contact, and that's it. No need for unnecessary hangs like if it's run automatically every now and then.

One thing I notice, the old chat logs are not synced with the main window. So I still cannot see my old chat history. Is this the expected behavior (for this version) or not?

Well you also need to sync manually if you want the status of your contacts refreshed. That's the main reason for synchronization (to get other people's status).

Open chat windows persistence is not implemented yet, but it will be for 0.0.18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
errory happened when generating Download link.
please try again or contact administrator.
This is the error im receiving while download. Cant download the .deb file ! please fix it

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp