Anybody know how much Data usage Vodafone allow a month for internet on a phone? My contract says unlimited but it never is.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by Bidybag View Post
Anybody know how much Data usage Vodafone allow a month for internet on a phone? My contract says unlimited but it never is.
Truly unlimited, but the speed goes down to 128kbps when you transfer more than 150MB in a month using the access point called 'Internet'. If you use the access point called 'Vodafone live', no speed reduction takes place and therefore both traffic and speed are actually unlimited. In that case you are going through a proxy, but most of the common applications work fine with it.

Greetings.

PD: As you didn't say which country you live in, I have assumed you are asking about Vodafone Spain.

If you're talking about Vodafone UK, it's 500MB

The Pack gives you unlimited data access in the UK only, subject to a fair use limit of 500mb per month.
Source - http://www.vodaphone.co.uk/dispatch/...ageID=PTC_0004

See point 38: Data Access - monthly bundles

I reckon you can go above the limit within good reasons.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Ok ... so I got my n900 last Friday ... seven whole days ago ... and guess how much of my 500MB fair useage policy I've already used up??? ... 468.2MBs ... seriously ... how the heck am I supposed to stick within a 500MB limit on a device like the n900??? ... is anybody else likely to be way over their limits, or is it just me that Vodafone are going to hunt out and bankrupt?

I think it's just you!

Stick to downloads / steaming when using WiFi only. I use their usage just for handy wee things, reading when on a bus, checking train times etc - if you stream and download your usage will disappear quickly!

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
vodafone uk WILL double your contract bill if you go over the 500mb, ive had issues with them before about this (suffice to say i sold a samsung f490 and htc tytn 2 and paid off the 2 contracts within 6 months of getting them due to it) because they attempted to charge me double when i was not even informed in the store that their was a limit even though i ASKED multiple times abotu it since i hammer the net a lot.

now using a tmo g1 with truly unlimited net (well ive done over 2.5gb in a month with no issues)

edit: i should mention that the 500mb i nearly hit was on totally normal browsing nothing special and no tethering. i could blow away the 750mb usage on the orange uk iphone tariff on just normal app store downloads too (tomtom uk = ~256mb rockband 165mb theirs 300odd in about 20 mins)

Last edited by dj_steve; 2009-12-19 at 16:21.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
look forward to the firmware fix to go back to using my 3 sim!!!! I'm also on vodfone for the time being until this 3 problem is resolved

Voda has a hard limit of 250MB in Holland

Originally Posted by Arif View Post
Voda has a hard limit of 250MB in Holland
sort of indeed. They call it fair use: 10x the average Vodafone customer internet Blox use. Which they allegedly set at 25MB.

Your only option really is to have a business account with vodafone in the netherlands. It would allow you to hook a mobile internet (laptop) subscription to your phone subscription.

We'll see whch way it swings for me. I've not really had any trouble yet, but I'm not expecting not to get any.

I must say in NL you have only 1 choice: T-mobile. Problem with them being is their coverage sucks in a lot of parts of the country. They think coverage is all about phone coverage. Not by 3g coverage.

My experience with Voda was that I _always_ got a message at ~200MB telling me to lessen my usage.
I bought a TMobile prepay to test the coverage in my area and it's pretty good for 3G.
The only problem is that they ask 15€ for 1Mb which they cap to 384 after 2GB of use
Oh well, just less than a month left for the N900 will see how it packs out at 384

The Following User Says Thank You to Arif For This Useful Post: