Closed Thread
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
People! Stop posting useless posts about wants that have already been requested!

Use the search function, have a read through the thread and youll see that the stuff you are asking for have ALREADY been asked for!!!

Also they are working on it, just sit tight and wait for a release!

Unless you have useful suggestions on how to implement things or you want to suggest a completely new thing ect, HUSH and stop filling up this thread with nonsense!

Theres no need to sound like a bunch of kids repeating urself with "I want this, I want that, Gimme this, When is this happening, Hurry up"..ect
Calm down this is a discussion forum after all!

Whilst some of the requests are repeated we all know it is impossible to read the whole of this thread and it seems the developers are happy to read the requests/answer them approrpirate, as MohammedAG as only just posted a reply to a question that's already been asked numerous times about the VKB.

There could always be some worthwhile suggested in one of these posts and it gives us something to read whlst we await the next, hopefully big because of the wait, CSSU update.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Opera opens the keyboard in the app itself, it doesn't touch/override the system keyboard, some other apps like Groove (grooveshark client) do that.

Opening a keyboard that doesn't hide the screen and simply pushes it up isn't the easiest thing to implement.
Doesn't the FastSMS keyboard over ride all the system VKB somehow? A keyboard with the FastSMS ability but looking like Opera does, with hoover mode also thrown in, would be perfect replacement for the bulit in VKB!

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
I am truly grateful for the CSSU.

The generosity of time given for its development gives me great confidence that one day humanity on earth will flourish and live in absolutely harmony.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excelar8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Simple solution? Turn off force rotation, it's not for what you think it's for :-)
I'm well aware that it is just for seeing which apps are "rotation-firendly" out of the box and which are not but I just love the way it works in majority of my apps . Just hoped that it's possible to make some sort of exception list to determine which apps shouldn't be forced

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
after the community update the mouse in bluemaemo moves at 1-2 frame per second! anyone else has this problem?

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i'm want to update my N900 to CSSU but still i'm afraid to do so yet i'm so interested in this CSSU....
anyway just my inquire is the latest update on CSSU is more stable???
if it does then i might update my to CSSU later....
any major bug still on the latest updated???

also when allot of people ask about the vk then it means that allot of people would like to see it. this gives it a higher prior i guess. but still i love the work that allready has been done.

please help me for this problem

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
i'm want to update my N900 to CSSU but still i'm afraid to do so yet i'm so interested in this CSSU....
anyway just my inquire is the latest update on CSSU is more stable???
if it does then i might update my to CSSU later....
any major bug still on the latest updated???
It isn't stable. Don't install it. I, for one, installed it only for a short while, since I'm sending my N900 to Nokia to be fixed in next week and thus am anyways going to flash the stock Maemo inside of it.

Good example why it isn't stable yet : the rotation is wonky. Application does rotate but gets stuck for halfway of the screen for a while and then rotates to portrait.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by sam24 View Post
please help me for this problem

What does it tell you if you run this in X-Terminal:
Code:
ls /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/orientation*
Your problem looks like the icon either didn't get saved correctly, or got corrupted/deleted/moved. Was it like this from when you first installed the update of the CSSU that created the applet, or did it break after something else?

Speaking of the rotation applet, I can totally understand why MohammadAG went the status menu route. I spent the last couple of days trying to do a power key menu version. It is on the verge of impossible to do neatly. Oh, it can be done alright, but either a terminal window has to open, or you have to have a blatantly visible app menu entry - because the nokia provided dbus way of launching a program doesn't seem to recognize the .desktop files that have NoDisplay=true set. I haven't tried seeing what happens if you add them to the exclude list in the hildon.menu file though, but I highly doubt you'd want to fiddle with that when installing/updating the CSSU, as then you have to make sure to make provisions in the preinst/postinst/prerm/postrm scripts for Categorize, ApMeFo, and manual editions of the menu structure.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade