Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Having problems with images in posts. Any suggestions welcome.

Below this line is hopefully a small image:

<snip>

Here's my questions:

1.] When I try to insert an image it does not work. It worked today - this is the first time! Puzzled.
2.] If I put in URL that goes directly to the image, when clicked on, the browser goes to the home page of the website, not the full path to the image. If I right-click and select "copy link location", and then paste that into a another browser window, it works, of course. Is this behavior by design on the BBS software used by the forum?
3.] Short of uploading an image to my website, is there another method for including images in postings?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by stevecrye; 2008-06-17 at 21:13.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by stevecrye View Post
3.] Short of uploading an image to my website, is there another method for including images in postings?
I have a free Flickr account that I use for posting techie / N800 pictures. They give you four different image sizes to choose from. The only thing to remember about Flickr is that you are required by Flickr's agreement to always link back to the Flickr picture.

Here is how I do it. Hit the "Quote" button to see the guts of how it is done.

My mobile packet-injection-capable security testing rig

These two are the "small" size. Here's a full-size screenshot of the Evolution e-mail client on my N800 (taken and directly uploaded to Flickr with the excellent MH Shot tool):

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I use photobucket to do kinda the same thing as qole. BTW qole on the second image it says you can stuff all the stuff into your pocket I just have to ask how big are your pants pocket. Stuff like that is why I never leave the house without my backpack.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
hey andrewfblack...ever hear of scotte vest...they have pants with pockets large enough to put 2 liters in...and the jackets and vests well i could carry my laptop in the back pocket...http://www.scottevest.com/

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-06-16 at 17:33.

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/E...n_Jacket.shtml

ohh my god I need one of these

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
i got 3...and 2 pairs of pants....there awesome....i dont know if thats what qole caries his stuff aroun in...but hey...ive actually lost styluses in the jacket

Its the Evolution jacket cool enough to wear year around? Looks about as thick as a wind breaker

well i lve in the south....so probably not...the hottest ive worn the jacket is in the 60-65 range...maybe the travel vest....

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-06-16 at 17:45.

Year I live in alabama I guess I need to get a pair of the pants for the summer time.

yep i got the hidden cargo pants...zip off for shorts...steve sorry to hijack the thread...i can carry my n800 +keyboard+battery backup and my lifedrive...