Notices

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
this keyboard pops up randomly, if youve already typed some words, they disappear
I found it irratating being slow to start then popping up when I didn't want it so I have reverted back to the VKB.

However it looks like the CSSU team are working on a new system wide portrait KB and are now looking for assistance.

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
However it looks like the CSSU team are working on a new system wide portrait KB and are now looking for assistance.
Could you point me to the specific message that underlines this statement? Because I believe I haven't read such a thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetalSer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I found it irratating being slow to start then popping up when I didn't want it so I have reverted back to the VKB.

Where is this shown?

They haven't made any such announcements and plenty of times CSSU devs have said that if we want portrait keyboard we can use FastSMSEvo..

Please present facts and not create rumours. Unless you post something showing evidence to this. Nobody should believe it or get their hopes up. Itll end in people whining about something not being made that was not intended to be made.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-04-13 at 10:30.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Now thats much better for the developer to have a look at

The key sizing issue should be easy to fix just a simple font adjustment.

The making it look like opera, well I am not sure but tbh I dont care much for the opera keyboard and I think the QWERTY layout is fine atm.

The theme thing well I am sure the developer could add a way for us to select the theme is uses
I'm not too fussed about opera either, the keys are actually smaller on that than fastSMS. All i really want from this app is the ability to use it outdoors (because i only require one-handed texting when i'm out really), and that means being able to change its own skin without the entire system theme and the letters/icons themselves being bigger, even if the key size itself remains the same, as i saw after that last post that they are quite big, just far too much wasted space within them.

I would also love it to load a bit faster, but i can live with it. My most pressing issue is that when i open phone and dial a number, it doesn't show up in the box unless i click that box, at which point it highlights what's been entered. Very annoying.

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
I was away in last days so I can't update to last CSSU...
Now I'm trying to fix the problem...

Where CSSU announced a new portrait kb?

Edit: this is a Qt bug http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-18720

Donate link

Last edited by realsportcars; 2011-04-13 at 16:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
I was away in last days so I can't update to last CSSU...
Now I'm trying to fix the problem...

Where CSSU announced a new portrait kb?

Edit: this is a Qt bug http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-18720
Hey glad your back on now

Can you possible increase the size of the letters within each key so there is less wasted space within each one?

Also implement the keyboard vibration I asked about awhile back

Also somehow implement a way for the keyboard to have its own theme instead of relying on the system theme. It works fine for me but some users seem to be having problems with seeing the keys in daylight

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Hey glad your back on now

Can you possible increase the size of the letters within each key so there is less wasted space within each one?

Also implement the keyboard vibration I asked about awhile back

Also somehow implement a way for the keyboard to have its own theme instead of relying on the system theme. It works fine for me but some users seem to be having problems with seeing the keys in daylight
Sorry I dont understand the first question...

About the third I think not atm, I changed icons management so every one can change it, but create button skin is very away from my skills btw If someone want to try to design it I can try to manage this...

Donate link

Sorry I dont understand the first question...

About the third I think not atm, I changed icons management so every one can change it, but create button skin is very away from my skills btw If someone want to try to design it I can try to manage this...
The first question is something that i suggested and think is important. Basically, the letters themselves (like 'q' 'w' 'e' 'r' 't' etc) are very small within their button. Look at Opera, iPhone, Android, Maemo's default, the letters are very big on their square and this makes typing much easier.

If you can't create a skin, how about not having it change with each theme and just have a stock colour like grey?

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
The first question is something that i suggested and think is important. Basically, the letters themselves (like 'q' 'w' 'e' 'r' 't' etc) are very small within their button. Look at Opera, iPhone, Android, Maemo's default, the letters are very big on their square and this makes typing much easier.

If you can't create a skin, how about not having it change with each theme and just have a stock colour like grey?
OK, now I understood I will try after dinner and if it is looks ok, I will add this

Grey color in buttons? no, I really dislike something like this! Perhaps D4rklar can help on this...

However I'm thinking about to make the kb fullscreen with a green check (like symbian). What do you think?

Donate link

The Following User Says Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
OK, now I understood I will try after dinner and if it is looks ok, I will add this

Grey color in buttons? no, I really dislike something like this! Perhaps D4rklar can help on this...

However I'm thinking about to make the kb fullscreen with a green check (like symbian). What do you think?
No i don't think so, the Symbian portrait is very bad and people tend to prefer to see the background page.

The buttons won't need a light colour if the actual letters are made bigger and brighter. If the buttons themselves are black can the letters themselves be a light, or at least bright, colour, like red, light blue or something?

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid