Notices

I have situations installed which sends a notification every time it switches to a different condition. That comes as an envelope.

Some Android apps also give notifications. I see the android app icon on phone, but not on pebble.

Not sure about anything else as I don't have any other native app that gives notifications

The Following User Says Thank You to malerocks For This Useful Post:
IIRC there's only type specific handling for SMS, email, Twitter and Facebook. And as said SMS, Twitter and Facebook are still merged to the same "type" at some point. All other types (so Situations, Android apps, ...) are handled the same and will get the same icon. So that's why you're getting a lot of notifications using the same icon.

So IMHO this is good enough for now, it does work. It just could split them into more specific types with their own icon. And another issue would be to get an icon for all the types. As the icons must be available on the Pebble Time. The watch contains a list of icons and we can only pick one of those. So getting an icon for an app like Situations is almost impossible.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
I understand that. And having the icon is not a big deal. I am happy that atleast I am now getting more use out of the watch due to the notifications working.

Waiting for the email fix and internet access for apps now. Also calendars

Just a quick heads up. After an evening of sending test builds to HtheB and getting logs back I now have partially working PebbleJS support. So that means that (some) apps now have internet and GPS access. So expect this to work "really soon".

There is however a work-a-round needed, which is manually copying the pbw files onto the phone.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ England
Hi,

Got set up with my Time Steel, no android phone required and everything working as described so far. I can confirm the double text in notifications. For emails, I get the sender and then the subject twice. One other person has asked about installing apps and faces, so I guess this isn't working. I haven't managed it if it is meant to be working. This is the one big thing missing for me.

Thanks to all for the work on this, I know how hard it is finding time for non-work projects. Donations made.

Chris.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
(and thanks for doing so )

I suppose the other way of going about it would be to get it so you can dismiss notifications from the Pebble.

(sorry... just mulling over whether it's time to buy one yet. If I could handle notifications generally without getting the phone out of my pocket, I'd probably be sold)
This would be an excellent idea as this is bothering me already with Pebble Steel. If I could just dismiss the notification on the phone, the next would show sender and message again, right? I know, it's something of the category "nice-to-have", just wanted to add my interest on it

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Belgium
Omg awesome, i can finally read messages, mails etc. Even the Music player works! Nice work Robertme :-) Sad that watchface doesnt work yet but nice update so far!

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Just a quick heads up. After an evening of sending test builds to HtheB and getting logs back I now have partially working PebbleJS support. So that means that (some) apps now have internet and GPS access. So expect this to work "really soon".

There is however a work-a-round needed, which is manually copying the pbw files onto the phone.
Not to put any pressure, but do you have any estimate on how far away you are from the update?

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Got my pebble time steel today, it's great! So pleased to be able to use it straight away, thanks to everyone who has contributed to it so far!

Does anyone know whether the initial setup stage is something that is impossible to do without the official Android app, or is it techically possible?

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Does anyone know whether the initial setup stage is something that is impossible to do without the official Android app, or is it techically possible?
I brought-up my Pebble Time to full firmware using Jolla Phone only.
With recent release it should work with Pebble Time Steel too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled