Active Topics

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
That's the app name given to FB servers before generating the secret api key. It's not embedded inside app. It can only be modified via Nokia and who registered the app on FB.
Ofcrse we can change the whole key and link the app to a new registered app, but secret key is encrypted and hardcoded deep inside.

So, good option is using another app/browser and stay away from abusing each other on feeling proud or not.

FYI, every app has that 'via' tag. At least it has a device name, and not only a brand name like "via winpho" or "via samsung"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
If that bothers you that much, I think you wouldn't mind to do a few extra steps to share a page right? just use Sharetus, this will only show "via link"
This also works with many other social places i.e. Diaspora, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc.

Last edited by devian; 2012-12-05 at 17:44.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
There is this app 'fMobi' in the stores. You can try it. This app actually says 'via fMobi for MeeGo' or something. I don't know how to stop the 'via Nokia N9' while sharing links through browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I dislike showing labels on my clothes or anywhere else if I can help it. Just because I like my phone doesn't mean I have to be a living billboard for the company that makes it. It's not a sports team. I paid for the device. Nokia doesn't get free advertising from me no matter how much I like it. It's so cult like to attack me for not wanting classless, forced advertising on my Facebook posts.
Wow in German where is a term like "soul twin" and i thing you are my soul twin oO

But sry I don't know how to solve the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanser For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kanser View Post
Wow in German where is a term like "soul twin" and i thing you are my soul twin oO.
Well, I have a German last name too! What's the term you referred to?

Thanks to all who at least considered this issue without the alarm bells.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
Is it possible for the developer of the Facebook app to make the string user-definable? So that every user would decide for himself what the string contains, since it cannot be turned off completely?
It cannot be determined on a per post/per user basis. The Facebook API uses the application name and the 16x16 icon (if set). These values are set server-side in the application details.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-12-07 at 00:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
unless you have access to "Nokia N9" facebook app at server side..

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
unless you have access to "Nokia N9" facebook app at server side..
Quick reply...
Is it possible to translate app name to whatever you wish? Or is the list of languages too limited to accommodate all possible 'translations'?
Best wishes.