Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
I've stopped using jollas stock browser because of minor unwanted innovation they did with how bookmarks/favourites is displayed in the app - a page full of star-icons with cut off labels, too cumbersome to use as it is now.
1) As mentioned earlier somewhere on TMO - re-add the bookmarks and you will no longer have any star-icons, but either thumbnails, or screenshots.

2) You can edit the text however you like, so their labels don't have to be cut off.

PS: I'm one of those who really appreciated this innovation - browsing is much faster when no separate page is attached and both address and bookmarks are just one tap away.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
What I meant on my previous post about buggy Jolla web browser:

1. Start using web browser. Not a single tab open. Pressing any selected bookmark or typing to addressbar does nothing.
2. Try to open any of my bookmarks in new tab. Nothing.
3. Open new tab and type something, press enter. Nothing.
4. Close browser. Reopen. Repeating steps 1-3. Usually nothing.
5. Close browser again and repeating all steps at some random point browser I see stop loading page -symbol [x] visible and browser loads jolla.com.

Lesson: Do not ever close all tabs when using Jolla web bowser.

The Following User Says Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post

1. Start using web browser. Not a single tab open. Pressing any selected bookmark or typing to addressbar does nothing.
5. Close browser again and repeating all steps at some random point browser I see stop loading page -symbol [x] visible and browser loads jolla.com.

Just tried for myself:
  1. Works fine.
  2. Works fine.
  3. Works fine.
  4. Repeated. Still works fine.
  5. Yep, if I close all tabs (or open the browser with no tabs), it loads my homepage I set in Settings/Apps/Browser. If you did not set any homepage, then it is jolla.com by default.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
I agree that Jolla web browser needs some serious improvements. As mentioned here copy text functionality is missing and I would like to see an option to open a link in background tab.

I have to use Yandex browser(android) for serious browsing activity.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post

This sounds like your device is in need of btrfs-balancing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
I set the homepage in settings to nothing and it starts blank. Just as I wanted it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
umm.. not sure if this is happening to anyone else..

but I only just noticed today that.. when listening to music, watching videos or playing games on my jolla with my earphones plugged in... it still plays from the phone speakers as well as my earphones..

I have no idea how long this has been happening for.. as you could imagine my earphones are in, and im only hearing the music frm that

I had only noticed it today when I arrived at work while playing a game on my jolla, put the phone down on my desk and took the headphones out and the game music was blaring out of my phone and everyone was just looking at me...
(this also makes sense why everyone was looking at me on the train..)

restarting didn't help.
im assuming this happened when I updated to the newest version

anyone know how to possibly fix this?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toki View Post
umm.. not sure if this is happening to anyone else..

but I only just noticed today that.. when listening to music, watching videos or playing games on my jolla with my earphones plugged in... it still plays from the phone speakers as well as my earphones..

I have no idea how long this has been happening for.. as you could imagine my earphones are in, and im only hearing the music frm that

I had only noticed it today when I arrived at work while playing a game on my jolla, put the phone down on my desk and took the headphones out and the game music was blaring out of my phone and everyone was just looking at me...
(this also makes sense why everyone was looking at me on the train..)

restarting didn't help.
im assuming this happened when I updated to the newest version

anyone know how to possibly fix this?
holy sheet! that must've been awkward

[edit]just tripple checked on mine (in case my work colleagues are more forgiving), works as expected, wow, just wow

edit2: did you install any patches that play with audio (removing high noise alert or similar), does it happen the same with android app playing audio, does it happen with every headphones?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Since the same thing once happened to me with N9, i allways double check before playing something still remember angry old women looking at me in the bus, while i was playing some stupid videos on youtube.. going to work and wearing a suit

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wrm View Post
Since the same thing once happened to me with N9, i allways double check before playing something still remember angry old women looking at me in the bus, while i was playing some stupid videos on youtube.. going to work and wearing a suit
Yeah, I always double check too, since it started happening to me on an android phone a few years ago. Luckily the first time it happened I hadn't left the house when it was pointed out to me.

For this issue, it may be an issue with pulseaudio and there is a question with a successful answer on together:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...t=votes&page=1

I would expect it to be fixable by looking at the pa settings, but reinstalling may well be a simpler/quicker method. Whether it solves toki's issue, I don't know.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience