Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
No you are right I almost never play video games on my core I7 sli box. I was probably playing video games before you were a twinkle in you daddies eye.

If you view the video in full screen and take into account the obvious dropped frames in the video. apart from the initial scan of the crowd everything else was smooth.
no.

its just slow and laggy.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
No you are right I almost never play video games on my core I7 sli box. I was probably playing video games before you were a twinkle in you daddies eye.

If you view the video in full screen and take into account the obvious dropped frames in the video. apart from the initial scan of the crowd everything else was smooth.
Well if you have core i7 then you would know what "smooth" means. That was not smooth even the menu was slow, but that can be fixed.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
All the best for India Games. Nice too se more commercial developers for Maemo. They might wanna start by getting some new people for their marketing division.

Places were baseball is popular: USA, Japan and Cuba.

Places were Nokia isn't popular: USA and Japan

(+ I doubt they'll see much Maemo downloads from Cuba).
Like the webpage says, the cricket game would probably be more popular. Football (what Americans call soccer) would probably be very popular if done well. Why not just a penalty shoot out/free kick game?

aye... gief moar 3D games

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
not seen that but thanks. run's pretty slow (and it's baseball....) but anything's progress!

off topic alert
very interested in warzone 2100:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kte4R...eature=related

Any news on the N900 port - on the tmo thread it seems people have installed the os2008 version and it works but then others advise it doesn't.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Last edited by cashclientel; 2010-03-25 at 15:09. Reason: added o/t alert

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
All the best for India Games. Nice too se more commercial developers for Maemo. They might wanna start by getting some new people for their marketing division.

Places were baseball is popular: USA, Japan and Cuba.

Places were Nokia isn't popular: USA and Japan

(+ I doubt they'll see much Maemo downloads from Cuba).
You're understimating Baseball powers! You forgot: Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Mexico and Canada. Have you heard about the World Baseball Classic? There were teams from Australia, Italy, Netherlands, Korea, China, South Africa and I can't remember the rest.

It seems to me there are enough baseball fans around to make an app... However, I agree that Cricket might have better sales.