Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This is a walking dead forum. Nice people are gone for iPhone or Android

Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
And isn't that a big thing this forum is for? Support?
Nope... It's for sharing

I wish I could say thanks for the help, I am gonna try howardforums.

The Following User Says Thank You to byteninja2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Nice people are gone for iPhone or Android
I wish I could say thanks for the help
Good luck, hope you find your answer with little effort.
People expect you to earn respect around here.

I'll go to great extent to help people and I am sure many here would too, but you lost the forums respect here...

I am to lazy to read that

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I wish I could say thanks for the help, I am gonna try howardforums.
You were helped. You were given food for thought, and now you want me to chew it for you and put it in your mouth as well?

You have less than 10 postings on this forum. You ask a question you could easily have answered yourself, Nevertheless you end up receiving a clear pointer where an answer to your question can be found.

Next you tell the person that helped you to the pointer that you are too lazy to read it. You find it normal and acceptable to demand to be spoonfed.

Like I said, make a donation to the Hildon Foundation and I'll spoonfeed you. What? I'll even get a silver spoon to do it with.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
This is a walking dead forum. Nice people are gone for iPhone or Android
I don't think that is true, neither one of your two statements.

But let me start with the last one.

I believe strongly that TMO is a very positive forum, where enthusiasts gather to get and share knowledge, ideas and inspiration. With all that, these people make themselves more independent.

I have been a member for only three years, but have read quite a bit. I have seen a lot of new people come in, who claimed to have no prior knowledge of Linux based OS's or perhaps even OS's in general. Some of them were afraid of the terminal. They start asking questions, they follow pointers, they gain knowledge. And what I have seen over and over again, is that these people become happier users than they were.

I strongly believe that to be a positive vibe (for a lack of better words).

For all this to work, there are a couple of “ingredients” that are required: People with knowledge and willingness to share, people without knowledge but with an eagerness to gain it. Put these together and throw a little bit of respect and etiquette in the mix and you get a vibrating forum where people are able to enjoy their devices more than anywhere else, because knowledge in my book, is still king of kings and the key to power.

I think TMO is such a forum. And the sometimes “harsh” treatment (in the eyes of some) is not so much a manifestation of arrogance, unwillingness and bluntness, but more something of a fence, needed to keep the mechanism rolling that keeps this forum afloat.

Lastly, let me get to your first statement, the board as a walking dead man.

I see threads, almost every time I pass by, on previous Maemo devices. This board may very well be the last of the Mohican's, but it is far from dead. Yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
I am not new to fourms and I am a well respected member at another tech forum. They also would know I was playing when I said I am to lazy to read that. I am sorry if I offended you, I just wanted a straight anwser.