Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
There are basically two easy-to-use ones that do not require too much tinkering about: NITVC, which outputs to MP4 files, and N800VC, which outputs to AVI.

N800VC output file sizes are smaller, and supports a larger range of input formats (e.g. MKV), but needs Mplayer for playback.

NITVC files can be played back well on the built-in Media Player application.

From there, it is just a matter of user preference

i know that the in built media player supports rmvb files, however the video does not sync with the voice/audio, the viideo is slower, or just does not move. Anything i can do to change that? I tried using some video converting program but not getting anywhere. help...

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
i know that the in built media player supports rmvb files, however the video does not sync with the voice/audio, the viideo is slower, or just does not move. Anything i can do to change that? I tried using some video converting program but not getting anywhere. help...
Using which converter?

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Having problems accessing the converted files. Ran the files through DVDDecrypter, then through VC- no problem. However, accessing the files post-conversion; they are only showing up when using the "open" button in VC. When attempting to access the files through Explorer, nothing shows. If trying to copy the files through VC, I get a message saying the files are no longer in that location.

Any ideas?

Haven't figured out why I can't pull the files up on the PC post-conversion, but did figure out a way to bypass it. I just chose my n800 as the destination point and dropped the files directly onto the SD. Movies work beautifully.

If anyone has any ideas why they're still coming up as "no longer located here" on the PC, please let me know! Graci!

Now having issues with movie audio. The movies appear to be fine but when playing, the sound is sooooo low. I have tried turning the volume up from the device as well as the software- both are at max. Is there a way to convert the video while keeping a higher quality audio?

Thanks!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this so far.. but I've been using your software (LOVE it, btw) and it runs great under Linux using WINE. (I don't use Windows anywhere in my household, so running it in WINE is the only option.) I have many other ways to do this conversion but your program is absolutely the most beautiful presentation and the easiest to use. This is the one I'm recommending to all my friends, family and acquaintances who've gotten N800's.

Thank you VERY much for writing this application!

i have some rmvb and rm video files, could someone give me some clue how to make the n800 vc could convert rmvb and rm file?

i got these error message in n800 vc(ver 0.8.4.0) console:
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+ (Family: 15, Model: 12, Stepping: 0)
Stream description: Audio Stream
Selected audio codec: [ffcook] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg COOK audio decoder)
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!

ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.so.