Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
OMG amazon has fufilled its duties!!!
i placed the order yesturday night, they just shipped it and they estimate the delivery to be 13 instead of 24!!

i recomend amazon!
they are shipping the n800s from the KY warehouse

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I got this from Dell today on my Dec.03 order..

"Thank you for contacting Dell Customer Care.
Our records indicate there is an unforeseen shipping delay from our manufacturer on order number xxxxxxxxx. The manufacturer's estimated time of availability is December 18, 2007. Unfortunately, we are not able to expedite your order. However, arrangements have been made to contact you once the product does ship, to provide you with the Purolator tracking information.
I do apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused."

Either it was an unexpectedly high demand, or a product refresh is in the works..

Cheers
Harold

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Northern Virginia, USA
I think the online merchants are having problems meeting demand. I ordered an N800 from Amazon. Day after it was going to ship, I got an email saying it was out of stock. Several emails with customer service later, I'd confirmed that I would keep the order (which might not ship until late January!). Next day, I get an email saying it's shipped! Go figure.

It arrived today (joy!). Charging now. Coincidently, the leather/aluminum case and screen protector from Proporta also arrived today (joy^2). And Hanukkah isn't even over .

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I see nothing official to say we've discontinued the N800. In fact, I keep seeing it appear in MORE outlets...

I live in Europe, in Finland, and the Internet Tablet situation is a bit bad here right now.

The N810 isn't out here yet, and is very expensive, so I'm not very interested in it. I'm interested in a N800 but they are sold out everywhere....Well, nokia.com has them but they are a bit more expensive than elsewhere...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Buy.com just announced a price drop on them.

Buy.com appears to be out of stock.