Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Didn't Nokia say they'd be on the market at teh same time?
John, that was my understanding. I think some vendors have screwed up. BTW, Amazon ($238) is out of stock.

It was onsale.com. My friend said he called them, which was when he was told they were canceling the unit.

So I give you a 30% chance it's actually true, but I thought I'd mention it in case someone here was intending to get a N800 soon, so they could get their skates on.

It was OnSale.com. I'm the new buyer gisborne was referring to at the start of this thread. They called me on the phone to say they had to cancel my order because Nokia just let them know that the N800 was discontinued. Then they followed up with this email:

Hi John,

Good day to you.

This is to confirm that we are cancelling the order/whole transaction due to discontinuing of the item in your order.

Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Oliver Olivo
Sales Supervisor
www.OnSale.com
Phone: 888-760-0300
Fax: 310.630.6687
Mon-Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm PST
------

He could just be mistaken, but he said it like he knew what he was talking about.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Cleveland
You can still put one in the cart at buy.com and the site says that they are "In Stock".

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Perth, Australia
You would think OnSale would have removed the link to the N800 if it had been cancelled. Maybe Nokia just don't have enough stock at the moment.

John (johndcyc), when did you place your order, and did you initially receive a confirmation from onsale.com? I placed my order with them Friday evening, and received a shipping confirmation from them on Saturday.

[edit]: They still have the item listed on their site, but the "usually ships" status has changed from next day to call us.

[edit2]: Now shows as sold out on sale.com.

Last edited by flyswatter; 2007-12-03 at 04:11.

Could this be in preparation for the rumored(?) N800 with WiMax?

"Cyber Monday" at buy.com I saw it for $200 and Circuit City had it for the same price on Black Friday. So it could be just the sales depleted a lot of the stock.

Unless the N9xx is dropping soon, I hope that the N800 is not being retired. It is my go-to device. If it's not in my hand its in my pocket.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I hate misinformation.

Originally Posted by johni58 View Post
I specifically do not want the keyboard attached to my slate tablet. It defeats the purpose of haveing a slate in the first place. It must be twice as thick as the 800, quite a bit heavier and for what ?
N800 weight: 0.206 kg
N810 weight: 0.226 kg

N800 dimensions: 75 × 144 × 13 (/18) mm
N810 dimensions: 72 × 128 × 14 mm

So, it weighs 10% more, which is pretty far from your 100% more, and the N810 is thinner (not having the bulge at the top).

For what; gps and keyboard. I hardly think you'll find a gps and keyboard elsewhere for 20g total.

-Jonathan

(data source wikipedia as of this posting)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Sentinel1705 View Post
Unless the N9xx is dropping soon, I hope that the N800 is not being retired. It is my go-to device. If it's not in my hand its in my pocket.
Haha. That would be great, I'd laugh so hard at the poor schmucks who ended up with N810s. :P

I placed my order with OnSale on Saturday and received the order confirmation on...
date Dec 1, 2007 7:05 PM
subject onSale.com Order Confirmation number: F-------
mailed-by onsale.com

Line Item Information:
Item Number: 7209656
Description: Browse your favorite sites. Check your email. Chat with
friends and family. Relax with your favorite songs and videos.

Quantity: 1
Price: $199.99
------------

They called around 3:30pm CST Sunday afternoon to say the product was discontinued.