Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by Pyro1099 View Post
Is this your first time trying to Overclock the Nokia N900?

if so make sure you install rootsh and then Enhanced Linux Kernal for power users.

Restart then install enhanced linux kernal for power users settings

restART again then go to xterminal and type

"Sudo gainroot" then click enter and then type "kernel-config load ideal"

now to make sure all has worked type "kernel-config show" in the same window

if it says 5oo 800 then it has worked. if you restart now then you will have to do it again

if your phone shutdown or hangs then do this again and type "sudo gainroot
kernel-config load lv
kernel-config limits 250 850" (pressing enter after every line)

dont include the """"" when typing in xterminal

if it works for you then thank me
yeah its my first time i started over and did what you said and got it working haha thanks! (i also thanked you too)

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Originally Posted by ScourgeV View Post
yeah its my first time i started over and did what you said and got it working haha thanks! (i also thanked you too)
good good, remember if your phone is switched off it wil revert back to its normal settings, i suggest you save the code in a note on the phone for future use.

you can have it auto run the code at start but I suggest keeping it that way to save against having a infinite reboot loop.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
good good, remember if your phone is switched off it wil revert back to its normal settings, i suggest you save the code in a note on the phone for future use.

you can have it auto run the code at start but I suggest keeping it that way to save against having a infinite reboot loop.
Using titans kernel, if an unexpected reboot occurs, the default kernel is loaded. This is done as a precaution to stop reboot loops.

If you'd like ideal/lv, whatever to be loaded on startup all you have to do is open x-term, and type

Code:
root
Code:
kernel-config default <profileName>
so as an example I use LV oc'd to 250 - 1000, this is what I type to obtain this.
Code:
root
Code:
kernel-config load lv
Code:
kernel-config limits 250 1000
Code:
kernel-config save myconfig
Code:
kernel-config default myconfig
This loads the profile 'myconfig' at startup.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Is this your first time trying to Overclock the Nokia N900?

if so make sure you install rootsh and then Enhanced Linux Kernal for power users.

Restart then install enhanced linux kernal for power users settings

restART again then go to xterminal and type

"Sudo gainroot" then click enter and then type "kernel-config load ideal"

now to make sure all has worked type "kernel-config show" in the same window

if it says 5oo 800 then it has worked. if you restart now then you will have to do it again

if your phone shutdown or hangs then do this again and type "sudo gainroot
kernel-config load lv
kernel-config limits 250 850" (pressing enter after every line)

dont include the """"" when typing in xterminal

if it works for you then thank me
Followed this and everything worked!

One question, the "ideal" set the minimum frequency to 500. Does the lower voltage and higher frequency is better then the default voltage and 250 frequency?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by cocegas View Post

One question, the "ideal" set the minimum frequency to 500. Does the lower voltage and higher frequency is better then the default voltage and 250 frequency?
Yes. This should be in a FAQ somewhere, it gets asked all the time. In general, read and trust the basic docs and settings.

Yes, it is better. Trust Titan. 10's 0f 1000's do with their N900's

BTW thanks for thanking me for my help

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Yes. This should be in a FAQ somewhere, it gets asked all the time. In general, read and trust the basic docs and settings.
Tried to find the FAQ but failed

Last edited by Pyro1099; 2010-07-27 at 14:34.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Yes, it is better. Trust Titan. 10's 0f 1000's do with their N900's

BTW thanks for thanking me for my help

Tried to find the FAQ but failed
It is explained in the battery section if i remember it correct.

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
It is explained in the battery section if i remember it correct.
Looked again and did not find.
My question was about battery life...

Looked again and did not find.
My question was about battery life...
If your a heavy user and your constantly 90% of your time playing games the batt will go down quicker than sual, but if you have your phone idle 90% of the time it tends to last longer than before the overclock I find.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by cocegas
The lower voltage is what you are interested in here. The frequency is the amount of clock cycles the processor goes through in a second, in this case 500Mhz. This is simply the speed at which it processes information.

The voltage is the draw from the battery and if you are running on a lower vCore (the core voltage running through the proc) then you are pulling less power from the battery - therefore you will see a slight increase in the overall battery life. As Pyro says though, if you run high end applications and games constantly then you will still see the battery dying rapidly - even though the vCore is no greater than the standard pull, therefore the battery will die at the same rate more or less.

Lower the vCore, increase battery life (albeit slightly), increase the vCore to gain stability, decrease battery life (albeit slightly as well).

Read up on overclocking and what it is, titan wrote a configurable kernel to allow for overclocking but bear in mind, you *can* fry your processor if you don't know what it is, how it works and what it is doing to the internal workings.....

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom