My god, some people here are so hypocritical. It was clear from the beginning that the n900 is only a transitional device. Why do you have to pollute this forum with your pretended outrage?

It's disgusting.

Cheers

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Nokia already seems to be "future proofing" Maemo 5 with Qt 4.6 in PR1.2 and Qt Mobility in PR 1.3. Libdui already runs on the N900 and there will even be a MeeGo base adaptation for the N900. If Nokia keeps the policy of not minding Nokia binaries on Nokia devices, I see ingredients for success. What I find kind of funny is that we know more about running not the next OS, but the one after that on the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
My god, some people here are so hypocritical. It was clear from the beginning that the n900 is only a transitional device. Why do you have to pollute this forum with your pretended outrage?

It's disgusting.

Cheers
Does transitional mean like a tester device? like a model for a newer or better device?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
Nothing, but what stops a commercial build from a business point of view?

If the N900 can't support it, most people (except the ones that are turning their back on Nokia, we are a minority) will go out and buy the latest ("First") device that does.
You prefer cynical assumptions, I prefer optimistic ones. Time will tell who's the more deluded... meanwhile, there's more FUD than fact in this thread.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Meego is not a problem. Focus on N900 and meamo...ovi store with paid content and apps(Qt4.6) that is what we need. why care about things that will be presented(nokia device) in 8-10 month time. Focus guys. pease.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
EDIT: Missed the second part. It matters because I paid to have official support and bugfixes. I didn't buy any old computer, I bought a mobile computer packaged with an OS provided by the same company, expecting that company to support it.
I don't get that. If I buy a device and Joe Blow Community developer beats the manufacturer to a software fix or enhancement, I couldn't care less.

To understand this platform one needs to accept that it straddles a strange line where commercial (usually painfully) meets open source. Too many buying the N900 fail to consider that, and it's highly pertinent. This isn't Apple. It isn't Pandora. It's unique, and one either gets that and appreciates it or they don't.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-03-15 at 18:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
lol @texrat for getting blocked by FUD spreaders on twitter
these bloggers are insane no journal skills at all they just repeat each other, true or not they dont care and cba to check

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post

It's disgusting.

Cheers
Completely agree with the above comment, we all knew that this was a building device for Maemo, that's how is was billed to us. Let's all be realistic, the way technology is changing, we're all lucky now to keep a device for a good year until we see something that catches our eye. Personally I can't wait for the new device to come out, you can always sell the N900 and get the new MEEGO!

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
lol @texrat for getting blocked by FUD spreaders on twitter
these bloggers are insane no journal skills at all they just repeat each other, true or not they dont care and cba to check
It took long enough.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
It took long enough.
just so people don't miss out on the fun heres what i'm talking about
http://twitter.com/MeeGoExperts/status/10527998178

Tags
fud, troll!, troll76