Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Just got a bunch of chips, 5x 2012 & 3x 2016

And can report that the 2016 is also very good, of course you need >10V to use it, but i have ordered some boost converters, and with the boost converter the amp for the N900 will be extern since it will take some space, but not more then a box of matches total, and thats pretty good for a 2x10W amp

here is the test model i just put together, battery powered from a 10000mAh 14.8V Transmetic RC battery.
Name:  20110712_002.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  29.7 KB
Name:  20110712_003.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  25.7 KB
Name:  20110712_004.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  25.4 KB

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
I'm afraid that with boost converter, battery drain problem may become significant (ho ever, who knows - using 3000 mAh battery... ).

BTW, using N900 with 2x3W amplifier inside cover, then connected to 2x10W amplifier outside, then to speakers - that would be "amusing", to say at least.

Now I'm waiting for someone to mod FM transmitter antenna in a way that we can connect it to pro ~10 meter antenna (or any steel mast with copper crocodile clips) and start pirate radio station
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm afraid that with boost converter, battery drain problem may become significant (ho ever, who knows - using 3000 mAh battery... ).

BTW, using N900 with 2x3W amplifier inside cover, then connected to 2x10W amplifier outside, then to speakers - that would be "amusing", to say at least.

Now I'm waiting for someone to mod FM transmitter antenna in a way that we can connect it to pro ~10 meter antenna (or any steel mast with copper crocodile clips) and start pirate radio station
When i get it i will measure power drain
But having 2x10W really rocks, there is a noticeable difference from the 2x3W, and even thinking about getting a pair of the 2x15W.

And i been thinking of the antenna thing to, also a gsm for when you are out and about where signal is scares, it happens....
One thing i have noticed tho is when having a USB cable in (not connected at other end) it acts like an antenna, it helps a little bit.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
As i said yesterday here are a few clips recorded from my old n93 ( best stereo sound capture i have in the moment, but stupid focus).

"Normal" music (voice and instrumental):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovC7UH6fiXA

Instrumental music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ywByoib08

Trance music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oILJ68JxgRk

Does help some, just need a lowpass filter to get the best out of it.

Maybe i should make a video with my dock, tho it is not the best sound, it is however more sound

As for better WIFI/GSM antenna, there is topic somewhere on this forum, where one guy posted picture of his N8xx device with modified stock case - he implemented micro connector for external Wifi antenna I don't think that this could be much harder on N900... Haha, it seems that all modders think about similar modifications, @ some point.

Ps.

Using N900 with 2x15W amplifier is RIDICULOUS, lol. I see police report "Suspect was disturbing neighborhood in 2 miles diameter, using music from mobile phone..."
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Using N900 with 2x15W amplifier is RIDICULOUS, lol. I see police report "Suspect was disturbing neighborhood in 2 miles diameter, using music from mobile phone..."
For 9.8 minutes until suspect's battery ran out
Code:
(3.7*1.32)/(2*15)*60
Wlan Driver Selector Applet - Switch easily between stock and bleeding edge drivers

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
For 9.8 minutes until suspect's battery ran out
Code:
(3.7*1.32)/(2*15)*60
No more time here with 3000mAh

and you have to take RMS instead, and then it is more like

Code:
(3.7*3.0)/(2x7.5)*60
then the party can go on for 44.4minuts - N900 power usage.
But hey a small 30min party.

Next mod for me is my BT speaker, it will get the 2x10W and Boost converter, it can play really loud on the 2x3W but before it was BT it was just the case and an external 12V 2x20W amp.

But if the 2x10W works fine im going to 2x15W

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ United Kingdom
if i brought this 3W x 2 could i still connect it to the single n900 battery i have or would i have to order two of those scuds? and the big cover?

Last edited by azy141; 2011-07-13 at 15:14.

Originally Posted by azy141 View Post
if i brought this 3W x 2 could i still connect it to the single n900 battery i have or would i have to order two of those scuds? and the big cover?
if you can fit a connector to your N900 then yes.
Another way is to fit a battery to the amp itself, but you have to figure out how to charge it then.

Don't need big cover or scud battery for this.

Tags
audio, docking station