Notices

Morning All

Can anyone advise on the best (easiest) way to download full movies to my phone.

I have a tonne of unwatched DVD's and would ideally like to stick a few of them on my N900.

Many Thanks

N900fan

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
If you're using some kind of Linux based distribution on your computer, you could always use dvdrip and tablet-encode (picking N900 from the preset list) - this is how I do it, easy and fast.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
whats the point in downloading the movie on N900 if u cant see high resolution dvd movies on it ? its nt a 720p and also flash problem.

For Windows, I've used Handbrake. Step-by-step here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Ripping_DVDs_with_Handbrake

Excellent quality.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Assuming you have a desktop computer somewhere in the house, I'd suggest Knots2, which encodes your movies on the fly, in a way, suitable for your n900. Saves a lot of time.

Have a look here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Knots2

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
IMO the best way is to install transmission (torrent client) and download dvdrips

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
whats the point in downloading the movie on N900 if u cant see high resolution dvd movies on it ? its nt a 720p and also flash problem.
Not everybody cares for 720p. I certainly don't.

Originally Posted by n900faniam View Post
Morning All

Can anyone advise on the best (easiest) way to download full movies to my phone.

I have a tonne of unwatched DVD's and would ideally like to stick a few of them on my N900.

Many Thanks

N900fan
great site
http://www.icefilms.info/movies/popular/1

all movies are avi, some HD and some HQ

good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to hhmah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
dvdfab is pretty good on windows

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
Did u seriously just mention 720p and DVD's in the same sentance??

You do realise DVD's are nowhere near 720p resolution right?

Infact the resolution of a DVD is actually slightly lower then the resolution of the N900's screen!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page