Poll: What will be your next smartphone OS?
Poll Options
What will be your next smartphone OS?

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
I'll buy a dumbphone. Not sure I can handle the stresslevel that modern smartphones face these days. If I want drama, I watch tv. Just maybe when an open alternative hits the shelves I'd be brave enaugh to visit the outside world once again. Lol.

talk about failing to support... i dont about any other nokia fans, but i loved thier phones because of thier quality, and thier variety. An now that they we annouced they're adding one more os, nokia fans bad mouth them? wtf kind of fans are you? meego is still coming, win os is coming, symbian is still here, now they have access to money and research that they may not have budgeted for as well. they cannot afford to drop meego because they still need something to rape android. Meego is still the answer... qt is still the answer, two-way compatibility between meego and symbian is still the answer.
so as far as im concerned, you folks that voted android are purely judgemental. nothing has even been anouced about upcoming devices and you;re already jumping off the band wagon. well i got news for you, MEEGO will visit you in your nightmares when you join android.

None of the above. I've bought a second N900 and will keep an eye on prices and possibly buy one or two more as the prices fall. Even if all they are good for is tethering to a netbook running Linux it will well be worth the cost to avoid these other devices that are sure to be locked down.

1st - buy a 2nd N900 as backup, this should cover 4 to 5 year of usage, by the end of that time 3G/edge and wifi on G would really be too slow and may no longer be available on public networks

2nd - some android phone

3rd - ixxxx

4th - dump phone + n900

5th - dump phone + some android "tab"

the last - when the hell freezes over - WP7

This makes my past purchase of a back up N900 make even more sense. There is nothing else like it, and I have no idea what I will do when they both break or TMO stops supporting it somehow. I dislike the creepy Android/Google tracking of everything you do. To me iOS is too closed, too Disney and homely (unless you jailbreak). WebOS seems like a nice OS, but so far the hardware blows. And I will never use AT&T's service. I only hope some other companhy takes up Meego for real.

Samsung Galaxy S2 or Pré 3. I hope that gpodder team will devlelop on Android!

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
I will buy the next meego phone from nokia! Why? Just to show Elop that he is wrong!

If all of us would buy the meego phone, maybe elop mentiones that he made a mistake... and nokias board of directors will fire him... please do it... he is ruining nokia from inside...

@ Nokia board of directors: Why??? The whole world (except of the u.s.) hoped for meego, even the carriers said that meego would be their preference... much more n8 has been soled then all wp7 phones together, a lot of developers already made apps for it, will they shift to wp7? no, they wont! And you guys dont do anything against it. now we will get 3 ecosystems, all of them in the us, nothing european... and soon (thats what i really hope) nokia will fail more then ever before with wp7, so that elop will be fired...

Until this morning i was a real nokia fan but now i dont know what to do... the next meego device could be my last nokia phone if they dont bring more devices (1 per year would be enough, if its good enough to compete with other)

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Maybe a 2nd N900, or, if Pre3 is available on my network/contract (no previous Pre devices have been), I'll take that.

http://dailymobile.se/2011/02/10/hp-...iew-and-specs/

WebOS seems to be as open (to end users) as Meego, or at least more open than Maemo:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ccessing_Linux

Will HP buy Qt? Surely Nokia will have no need for it in about 2 year's time, so they could sell the Qt business to HP and keep some Symbian/Qt people until they've sold 150 million Symbian phones (5 quarters?).

.... you seriously believe Elop is working for the good of Nokia ?

He is not dumb, he is fully aware of what he is doing

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I will buy the next meego phone from nokia! Why? Just to show Elop that he is wrong!

If all of us would buy the meego phone, maybe elop mentiones that he made a mistake... and nokias board of directors will fire him... please do it... he is ruining nokia from inside...

@ Nokia board of directors: Why??? The whole world (except of the u.s.) hoped for meego, even the carriers said that meego would be their preference... much more n8 has been soled then all wp7 phones together, a lot of developers already made apps for it, will they shift to wp7? no, they wont! And you guys dont do anything against it. now we will get 3 ecosystems, all of them in the us, nothing european... and soon (thats what i really hope) nokia will fail more then ever before with wp7, so that elop will be fired...

Until this morning i was a real nokia fan but now i dont know what to do... the next meego device could be my last nokia phone if they dont bring more devices (1 per year would be enough, if its good enough to compete with other)

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Turbanato|2 View Post
talk about failing to support... i dont about any other nokia fans, but i loved thier phones because of thier quality, and thier variety. An now that they we annouced they're adding one more os, nokia fans bad mouth them? wtf kind of fans are you? meego is still coming, win os is coming, symbian is still here, now they have access to money and research that they may not have budgeted for as well. they cannot afford to drop meego because they still need something to rape android. Meego is still the answer... qt is still the answer, two-way compatibility between meego and symbian is still the answer.
so as far as im concerned, you folks that voted android are purely judgemental. nothing has even been anouced about upcoming devices and you;re already jumping off the band wagon. well i got news for you, MEEGO will visit you in your nightmares when you join android.
They're not simply adding an OS, they're putting Meego on the backburner before it's even out and killing off Symbian (a good thing). At least they're brave enough to admit they will not be supporting Meego upfront instead of hyping it like they did with Maemo and the N900 hahaha......

Trust me when I say that I have no confidence in Nokia. I got burned on the N97 and although the N900 was good I got stabbed in the back again; the bottom line is that Nokia only cares about screwing you over and taking your money.

The difference with Google and Apple is that they want to take all your money but understand that they can't screw you over repeatedly without losing your business. Maybe that's why Nokia went with Microsoft?

The Following User Says Thank You to jmangs For This Useful Post: