Active Topics

Hi there,

quick question:
Is there any way to use the Nokia N900 as wireless presenter via Wifi or bluetooth?

thanks

There is an application called "bluemaemo" in extra-devel. I tested it with powerpoint with a generic bluetooth usb dongle on my windows7 machine and it works just fine. There are several profiles for different programs to use remotly (winamp,powerpoint etc.) . Even the mouse or the keyboard can be replaced with the n900.
Unfortunately my usb-bt-dongle only works well with a bt-stack provided by a Software called "BlueSoleil", so if the services of N900 are not detected try this one.

greetings,
ein_guter

thanks for the quick answer.

The youtube videos about this app seemed to be promising, but the programm manager is telling me, that there are some Package issues causing the installation to fail.

There seem to be "conflicts" with "libeina-svn-05" and "Edbus".

Is there any port of this app for Maemo 5 yet?
Or do you know any other possibilities to use the n900 as presenter?

Be sure to enable extra-testing or extra-devel repositorys. I think the dependencies will clear themselves.
For example you can find infos libeina here:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/libeina0/
or bluemaemo infos in the wiki
Please keep in mind that bluemaemo is still in development and therefore it might not been that relyable.

greetings
ein_guter

If you want to use it AS the presenter, and not just the "clicker" then use the RCA cables that came with it, and plug them in to the projector.

Don't use it as a clicker.

As an electronics trainer it is INCREDIBLY difficult to use, Whilst testing a recent presentation I built it became incredibly difficult to use with the phone locking and the lack of a hardware key.
If the phone had a hardware key it would be a pretty cool clicker but as it doesn't it just doesn't cut it for me.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
Don't use it as a clicker.

As an electronics trainer it is INCREDIBLY difficult to use, Whilst testing a recent presentation I built it became incredibly difficult to use with the phone locking and the lack of a hardware key.
If the phone had a hardware key it would be a pretty cool clicker but as it doesn't it just doesn't cut it for me.
Maybe a nice addition to Bluemaemo would be a way to turn off the automatic screen/key lock, and to use the zoom/volume buttons for going through a presentation (i.e. map them to cursor up and down).

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate