Notices

I couldn't find a proper Backgammon for maemo. Does someone else? If not, any interest in porting some? Would Gnu backgammon be the best for it? I would be glad to participate in the effort, but I am new to the maemo community and don't have the skills to undertake such an effort by myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I don't think there is currently a Backgammon app for Maemo. If you can find a version that's suitable for porting (open source, Linux-based python,, etc.) you may be able to coax (or offer a bounty to) a developer into doing the work.

There is a "suitable" app that analyzed Backgammon games, but I don't know if it was actually playable:

http://directory.fsf.org/project/gnubg/

There may be something else out there, though.

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
GNU Backgammon seems to be the only viable option. It has GPL license and GTK+ made UI. That's probably possible to port, but like I said, I am new and don't know GTK+ much at all. I have been learning Qt straightaway.

Any other Backgammon-lover who would like to correct this oddity (of not having this great game on this platform available)?

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
did anyone ever find a working backgammon game?
Thank you

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
I'd like a bg app on the n900. especially gnubg would be nice. I think I could help porting it, but of course I wouldn't do it alone. Don't have the time for that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kore For This Useful Post:
xgammon is also an option. The codebase is tiny, and it builds and runs in scratchbox but it could use some hildonisation.

backgammon is now available in the ovi store for free, tehre is a bug in the program though. When keeping the pencil pushed down on a stone, the stone disappears after a while.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Yeah, same bug here, very annoying... oh and it crashes when it seems to be ending (the computer wins?)

Last edited by R-R; 2010-01-15 at 19:21.

same here... I whish we had a good backgammon game !!