Active Topics

It feels like anything with a dualcore A9 is too powerful for a phone, and anything with an A8 is too weak, and neither is good with battery life.

Feels like the sweet spot/compromise for the gen-pop is something with a:
4.6 inch display
960x540 SAMOLED+
solo Cortex A9 (1.2GHz) + solo Cortex A7 (0.6GHz)
1GB RAM + 1800mAh
....efficient use of idling/power/OS

But for power users (and large handed) people
The SG NOTE is the best combination: max screen, max power, max battery = max experience with good battery life!

I have a Galaxy Nexus. It's a really good phone. Has NFC, a very high resolution screen and is lightning fast. The only fault I have with the screen is uniformity at low brightness. If you have any questions, ask away.

^ Does yours suffer the Green-tinge problem? What can you say about the gloss?

I've turned off Auto-Brightness and fixes the green, but the gloss really really deteriorates the experience

^ screen burn-in?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
sigh n9 just single core and use old chipset but the prices is more than gs2, wth is wrong with nokia, =='

Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
^ screen burn-in?
No...apparently on some (many) units, the screen would change colour into a greenish-hue. Its on both the Gnex and the NOTE.

I think they both use the *same* screen (SAMOLED, HD, <6in) or more likely they use the same drivers on both screens.
I have it, I disabled Auto-Brightness and it seemed to fix it.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
^ Does yours suffer the Green-tinge problem? What can you say about the gloss?

I've turned off Auto-Brightness and fixes the green, but the gloss really really deteriorates the experience
I don't have a green tinge (yet?) but at low brightness colours do look kind of washed out.
The gloss on the screen? seems OK, not too shiny I think it has an antireflective coating (since I see purple in the reflection).

Decided to take a picture of screen and back gloss. To show what I mean.

Notice the reduced direct reflection of the camera flash in the Galaxy Nexus and the purple/blue glare around it.

If you were talking about the gloss on the back here's a comparison (a bit blurry, sorry)

Screen on (should have taken this in a dark place with the flash off but against the sunlight and direct flash the visibility held up pretty well)

It's pretty thin too compared to the beast (my main phone N900)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Tags
galaxy, nexus, samsung