Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by akashvani View Post
a) LG Dvd - Working
Great!

b) Western Digital - Working, but few keys are missing like option, search, zoom, subtitle etc.
Yes, I've gotten info from another WD user that some keys are missing or incorrect. I'll need to scrape up some more info on the codes being used.

Specific request - When the keyset is western digital media player, is it possible to set seperate keyset for the TV section alone so that it will be easy to adjust the volume without changing the keyset
Several folks have asked about this before, and it is a standard feature of most universal remotes. I really do need to add it when I can. (I'm knee-deep in the guts of the Pierogi GUI right now, making lots of changes, I'll see if I can figure something out; but it'll probably take a bit more time.) Thanks!

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Hey Copernicus, is their any way a Foxtel box in Australia could get a keyset in your awesome app?

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
Hey Copernicus, is their any way a Foxtel box in Australia could get a keyset in your awesome app?
I've already got one Foxtel keyset in Pierogi 1.0.0, but I'm not entirely certain how useful it is. I've still got lots more work to do on the Foxtel front.

Copernicus congrats on this wonderful app, tested with philips and samsung tv sets and works like a charm, while I had several problems to get my TVs working with QtIrreco and Irreco Widget.

About last one, if you could plan releasing a desktop widget, Pierogi would be the killer remote control app for N900

Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
Copernicus congrats on this wonderful app, tested with philips and samsung tv sets and works like a charm, while I had several problems to get my TVs working with QtIrreco and Irreco Widget.

About last one, if you could plan releasing a desktop widget, Pierogi would be the killer remote control app for N900
Thanks! Right now, Pierogi is on the heavy side for a desktop widget; that's one downside to storing all those keysets internally.

My current plan is to set up a decent command-line interface; therefore, instead of making the app itself into a desktop widget, you could create a lightweight GUI (maybe a QBW?) that makes scripted calls to Pierogi. Anyway, just one idea.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hi, is it possible for me to manually add remotes for AOC TV's, More for epson projectors and a few for Kolin AC's? If not, can you try adding some of them? Cool app. Works on almost everything. Thanks.

Also, on my Sony Wega and Sony Bravia TV's, it seems as if putting the phone farther than about 3 inches won't emit a signal, or is it the tv? I'm not sure. just on those 2 tv's though

Last edited by darkestz; 2012-02-28 at 16:00.

Originally Posted by darkestz View Post
Hi, is it possible for me to manually add remotes for AOC TV's, More for epson projectors and a few for Kolin AC's? If not, can you try adding some of them?
Yeah, one downside of the current Pierogi design is that there is no easy way for users to add their own keysets (beyond pulling down the source code and writing their own keyset.cpp file). I'll go ahead and add the AOC data from LIRC, and there are a few more Epson projector config files around; but I'm not finding anything for Kolin air conditioners...

Also, on my Sony Wega and Sony Bravia TV's, it seems as if putting the phone farther than about 3 inches won't emit a signal, or is it the tv? I'm not sure. just on those 2 tv's though
Yeah, there's definitely a problem using Pierogi with some Sonys. I haven't yet figured it out. Sorry about that...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Can you add a keyset for Viewsat ultra.

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/...VS2000_Extreme

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Thanks! Right now, Pierogi is on the heavy side for a desktop widget; that's one downside to storing all those keysets internally.

My current plan is to set up a decent command-line interface; therefore, instead of making the app itself into a desktop widget, you could create a lightweight GUI (maybe a QBW?) that makes scripted calls to Pierogi. Anyway, just one idea.
I'm not really into maemo developing, anyway to get things easy the functionality could be like this:

1) Define a common set of keys shared between keysets (e.g. volume up-down, channel up-down, etc...) to use in a desktop widget
2) Develop a feature like: "Create/replace Widget from current keyset"

That would create/replace a desktop widget based on the current keyset only and using common keys defined; thus resolving the storing problem.

The downside is you could have a widget with only one keyset at a time, anyway I think it would be good for the majority of users

This is just an idea, forgive me if things aren't so easy as speaking

Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
I'm not really into maemo developing
Ah, you should give it a try! It isn't as hard as it may look.

That would create/replace a desktop widget based on the current keyset only and using common keys defined; thus resolving the storing problem.

The downside is you could have a widget with only one keyset at a time, anyway I think it would be good for the majority of users
The main problem with this is that I don't yet have a mechanism to store and retrieve an individual keyset (or subset of keys). I'd also have to make the Pierogi IR device manager available separate from the rest of the code. Basically, the current Pierogi design works against this.

However, let me mention that this is exactly how the LIRC server works -- you feed it an individual LIRC config file, and then make calls to it from your own personalized front-end. Existing desktop IR widgets, such as the very nice RaeMote, work in exactly this manner. So you don't need to wait on Pierogi if you'd like to develop something like that...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control