Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
My tablet is still on 2.1.0.11
Will there be more updates for this device?
2.1.1 was never officially released. If you have early access or if you update from command line, you can update to 2.1.1 (unless it was completely withdrawn?) and now also to 2.1.2.3. My tablet is on 2.1.1 because I updated from command line (it is nagging about updating(!) to 2.1.0, though).

Jolla tablet is still supported, because in 2.1.2.3 Release Notes it says:

Aliendalvik

Updated Android Support of Jolla Tablet and Jolla C to version 1.0.69-1 (no update for Jolla1)

Last edited by jukk; 2017-10-02 at 13:53.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
afaik, the only devices to be cautious with updates from cli are Aquafish and *oh yeah i finally forgot the name* *wait, no* Turing Phone(s).
Updating Tablet, J1 and C at the moment but download is (temporarily?) slooow

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2012 @ kenya
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yup

Attachment 39584

do you have patch manager installed?

what patches work ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kibet85 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
holy camoly, could please someone confirm massive improvement in gesture reception and overall speed on jolla c.
Or is it clean update and reboot effect only on my end?
I am so flashed, i drove aside on my way to frankfurt just to express my surprise with this update. Also drop box backup works again for me.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Originally Posted by kibet85 View Post
what patches work ?
Note there is another condition too for 2.1.2/2.1.1:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-kiiminkijoki/
If you have Call Recorder from Openrepos installed, uninstall it before the upgrade.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
Note there is another condition too for 2.1.2/2.1.1:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-kiiminkijoki/
If you have Call Recorder from Openrepos installed, uninstall it before the upgrade.
Th Call Recorder is always to be uninstalled. This is mentioned in every update.

EDIT: Thx for the link. This answers my question earlier on. And not to best best it seems

bluetooth pairing may fail with some car models especially in case of Jolla C devices. Sometimes synchronizing the phonebook may fail, too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways

what patches work ?
For me all patches that have been working on 2.1.1.11 and 2.1.1.26 are still working on 2.1.2.3 - that includes Old button styles, Launcher combined, maze lock, enhanced power menu, voicecall combined, conversation background and more ...

Only thing that doesn’t work for me is meecast event view (as they changed the native event view) but that’s not a patch though
Edit: uninstalling the native weather app and restarting homescreen brings back the meecast eventsview - so for now it’s not possible to have them both intalled ....

Everything else seems smooth so far (but I haven’t had any problems with the 2.1.1.26 either)

Last edited by elastic; 2017-10-03 at 08:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
afaik, the only devices to be cautious with updates from cli are Aquafish and *oh yeah i finally forgot the name* *wait, no* Turing Phone(s).
Updating Tablet, J1 and C at the moment but download is (temporarily?) slooow
Just on this has anyone tried to update a Turing phone to 2.1.2.3? 2.1.1 killed it and caused an infinite boot loop.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
what patches work ?
Yes, I do. I do not have the phone with me today so cannot tell you exactly which patches work and which don't but, as elastic said,

Originally Posted by elastic View Post
For me all patches that have been working on 2.1.1.11 and 2.1.1.26 are still working on 2.1.2.3
Which is to say, not many. I used to have about 15 to 20 patches before 2.1.1.x, but only about 5 or 6 after. The ones that definitely did not work were mazelock, return old menu style and all those that can adjust the remorse timers, but I did not spend much time chasing them, so please forgive me if there are updates available.

Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
I do have Call Recorder and I did not uninstall it before the update. Nothing visibly broke (as in, the phone did not refuse to boot up or anything dramatic like that), but I do not currently have a SIM in that phone so I could not check the recording still works.

Should Kiimikijoki discussions go to a new thread?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Here is my problem when i try to install the new update on my Jolla C.

How to resolve that?

EDIT: SMS BOMB in settings app need to be uninstalled before install new update.
Now it works
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post: