I am working on the application exploring Augmented Reality features. I need to get the image/video from the external USB Web-camera (Logitech Webcam C300) that is placed on my head-mounted display.

I can connect Logitech Webcam C300 via h-e-n and show image from it using mplayer:
1) connect webcam to N900 USB port via adapter
2) run h-e-n and make standard actions to init USB webcam
3) mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video2:width=176:height=144

But when I try to choose USB Webcam from my Qt-program, there are 2 cameras available only - "Main Camera" and "Front Camera".

Could you please help me - is it possible to make that QtMobility see the external camera (withiut recompiling QtMobility)?

If no - there must be the "linux way" to work with camera via /dev/video2. Could you please give me a code sample that reads video stream from /dev/video2.

Hi,
I would like to have an external webcam in n900, so good news, that somebody has managed to have it. Can you post a video? And higher res? But concerning qt, I have no experience, neither I see some simple way to 'reatttach' or relink /dev/video0[1].

I tried a logitech cam with h-e-n ( probably C 120 cam )
*) mplayer -I have got only a green, sometimes with some pattern in the first few lines. Current format is said to be YUYV, opening format raw, codec rawyuyv2. Dequeue buffer failed. For different outfmt it says 'no space left on device' or similar.
*) gstreamer - It WORKS only when there is a small datastream. Great.
Battery goes down extremely fast.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i think yo sholud PM to "Nicholai" he may help you trust me.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Originally Posted by Yana View Post
I am working on the application exploring Augmented Reality features. I need to get the image/video from the external USB Web-camera (Logitech Webcam C300) that is placed on my head-mounted display.

I can connect Logitech Webcam C300 via h-e-n and show image from it using mplayer:
1) connect webcam to N900 USB port via adapter
2) run h-e-n and make standard actions to init USB webcam
3) mplayer tv:// -tv device=/dev/video2:width=176:height=144

But when I try to choose USB Webcam from my Qt-program, there are 2 cameras available only - "Main Camera" and "Front Camera".

Could you please help me - is it possible to make that QtMobility see the external camera (withiut recompiling QtMobility)?

If no - there must be the "linux way" to work with camera via /dev/video2. Could you please give me a code sample that reads video stream from /dev/video2.
Hello
I'm trying to use an external webcam on my n900
I need help because I am not able to enumerate the device.
Is not showing up for me / dev/video2
How should I do to make it appear? What are the steps?

I ask this because our friend Yana did not give details of how to do.

If I need to install a driver, as I do that?

(sorry if wrong in English, I used google translate)