Active Topics

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm still undecided tbh, yes Drive would be better as I will be the one driving but for everything else can be done with the n900.

Battery life will not be an issue for me as I can get a solid 2 days+ on the n900 and will have a car charger too so it's a none issue.

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
These days I carry a cheap mobile phone that can thether and a cheap TouchPad but when I went overseas or whenever I go I carry N900, it has both buit into one. Battery is an issue though
That's a good idea. I did not think of getting a cheap outdated phone that would not be missed if it got lost/stolen/damaged, may have to look into those lumias after all

I may end up taking both?

Thanks again guys

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
What would you choose?
N900 with one or several of these:
Proporta USB TurboCharger 7000 USB
http://www.amazon.de/Proporta-TurboC...3399324&sr=8-7

See also:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...00#post1059966

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
Definitely take the N900!!! ... imagine ... You sitting on the beach (I hope your trip includes a visit on the beach ), sun is shining and all those nice ladies in bikinis hopping around and asking to go swimming with you. And you ... you're sitting there and want to finish quickly your bash scripts, but you can't because the display keyboard of your N9 is so difficult to type on ... maaaan I would freak out

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mutze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I don't know. The last trips where i had to rely on the N900, i was disappointed.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mutze View Post
Definitely take the N900!!! ... imagine ... You sitting on the beach (I hope your trip includes a visit on the beach ), sun is shining and all those nice ladies in bikinis hopping around and asking to go swimming with you. And you ... you're sitting there and want to finish quickly your bash scripts, but you can't because the display keyboard of your N9 is so difficult to type on ... maaaan I would freak out
No beach trip with Bikini clad ladies sadly, it's a Radio Controlled Car club meet so it will be a complete sausage fest.

And I see your point with the n9 keyboard... How have sub 7" crapacitive input only devices become so popular? lol

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
hahahahahahaha, yes, best choice, that's how he will be able to enjoy in nature (and have battery almost untouched all the time)
please dont feed that ridicilous troll.

now too my choice:

if I must choose I would go for n9

better gps app
more stable as phone
better camera

but if possible take both n9 and n900

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
As above, I'm going on a trip but not sure which phone to take?

The n9 with the better camera and better map services or the n900 with the slightly lesser versions of the above but so much more functional in every other areas.

It's a camping trip so the idea of having a computer in the pocket will be handy if needed but the n9 certainly would have its uses.

What would you choose?
What a kind of question is it? Of course N900.

BTW, N900 can have *much* better map support - try Marble or ModRana. Also, N9's camera is kinda not using it's full potential now, (lack of software) so camera superiority (as in practical usage *now*) is quite debatable.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: