so even under silent profile/ vibration off... it still does ?

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Yeah. Sorry, but I just tried it. Set profile to silent with no vibrate. Turned off, back on, blue light then vibrate but no nokia startup sound. Deffinately vibrates on silent. Sorry about your N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
if u hear the news, "guy kills him self with a phone in hand"

its me...

okay... i got some news.. one of my friend, he's quite familier with assembling and reparing phones, and he also had the nokia TV out cable... we tried to hook up to tv, it didnt work, and he said not to worry since..... the cable between the lcd and base might be loose, the phone will not move (excuite) after the bios, and will get stuck at that point, and since he noticed, that my phone is responding to the lock/unlock switch, like for example when the phone is looked and the led is blining white, holding the power button dosent do anything, and when he unlocks it, the holding the power button turns it off, means the BIOS is working, the HARDWARE is all good !
too bad he will get his screw driver 2moro , and he will open it up, please pray the cable does the trick to bring back my phone from the dead world....

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ rocky mountains usa
they always say with electrical equipment circa 1998 if it aint working and its out of warranty and all else fails. either cash converts and hope the jerk on the till is half a sleep sell it to them or hit the phone on the side of your head a few times and turn said phone/tablet on if its all good in da hood you fine

i overclocked my phone usb fell out and they still replaced on warenty.

thank god....

i opened it my self..... the cable was out.. put it on back...

and now its backk to life....... !!!!!!!!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2008 @ London
The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Dropped N900 face down. Olny a small drop, like 1ft, and the LCD stopped woorking. I could hear the *tap* sound of the touchscreen but no video even on scart. Ive sent it off on warranty and will hopefuly get it back soon.

The one thing I do wish is that there where some sort of app that could be used to back up pictures, contacts, messages etc to mmc using a kb shorcut if an incident like this where to happen again to anyone else.

I know poopping the cable baack in is an faster option but for those of us who dont want to open and potential void our warranty?

well, i am just a electrical engineer undergrad student, i have no experience at all, all i needed was a 6-star screw driver, and a 4 star philips, and some good paitence ! u really dont need to se dit away for warenty repairs, just be confident enough, on utube there is a video also which showxs how to do so !

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
and... me joining those who dropped their n900...
got the same blank screen, but the phone still actually works
put on the tv using TV-out still sees the home screen & the touchscreen still works...

tried to disassemble according to service manual, manage to see the flex cable still firmly attached, so its probably the lcd backlights broken right?

anyway, i cant unscrew the 6 philips screw behind the lcd, so i guess ill be sending my device to the nokia service center.... (hopefully they recognize n900 as one of nokia's product)