Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Yesterday my phone was working fine however while it was connected to my workstation in office just for charging. (I charge it in office from day one june-2012) However when I unplugged it i started getting the same error as the Suyog & neel.basu is getting.

Is anybody able to find out a way to do so?

1 June 2012. what a date.
solutions exist. but all don't work always.

my PR number is 299 (Australian variant), as suyog suggested I tried to flash cmt only from chinese variant (16GB Black) but no use.

Just some added information and assumption on the basis of my understanding.

I assume that the issue is due to the mobile is unable to retreive the IMEI number.

Basis: Any Nokia Application is not working correctly which I guess need IMEI number to register. For e.g. Unable to set Nokia account under Accounts & Nokia Store. So I rule out the chances of HW issues related to SIM.

Also, as I m able to see the IMEI number using "cat /proc/cmdline" so I suppose no hardware fault there.

So the whole issue is due to IMEI number not retreived. May be I m wrong but I will be more than happy if someone can enlighten me with the whole issue. Please note that I have read all pages of this thread and Reflashing guide so don't think I am writing without searching and reading.

Also, all this happen when my phone was working and getting charged through my office desktop and suddenly the world standstill.

Request to all geeks.. please have a look into it... since yesterday I came to know that many people are facing this issue and the number is increasing day by day.

Well I don't know, rather I am doubtful whether IMEI and comes from CMT hardware or not. If IMEI comes from a different hardware or if bootloader doesn't need to have any communication with CMT to pass the imei. then there still may be a hardware issue. I asked the same in one post.
well one question. if hardware is broken should I get imei in /proc/cmdline ?

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by kumary View Post
my PR number is 299 (Australian variant), as suyog suggested I tried to flash cmt only from chinese variant (16GB Black) but no use.

Just some added information and assumption on the basis of my understanding.

I assume that the issue is due to the mobile is unable to retreive the IMEI number.

Basis: Any Nokia Application is not working correctly which I guess need IMEI number to register. For e.g. Unable to set Nokia account under Accounts & Nokia Store. So I rule out the chances of HW issues related to SIM.

Also, as I m able to see the IMEI number using "cat /proc/cmdline" so I suppose no hardware fault there.

So the whole issue is due to IMEI number not retreived. May be I m wrong but I will be more than happy if someone can enlighten me with the whole issue. Please note that I have read all pages of this thread and Reflashing guide so don't think I am writing without searching and reading.

Also, all this happen when my phone was working and getting charged through my office desktop and suddenly the world standstill.

Request to all geeks.. please have a look into it... since yesterday I came to know that many people are facing this issue and the number is increasing day by day.
@kumary . welcome to unique club
Please flash chinese variant cmt or whole as last option.
I am sure you have tried flashing aussie version with zerorize option.
Try to flash again , may be with european fw.

Sometimes I wonder if Nokia(Elop???) put some trojan to break functionality

Originally Posted by suyog View Post
@kumary . welcome to unique club
Please flash chinese variant cmt or whole as last option.
I am sure you have tried flashing aussie version with zerorize option.
Try to flash again , may be with european fw.

Sometimes I wonder if Nokia(Elop???) put some trojan to break functionality
I flashed the chinese CMT but as usual its not working.

I m really pissed off.. I came to know that changing the motherboard might help all of us. But its not available so easily. and its costly too.

But now I am free test anything to everything on my N9.

Hey I got most expensive Ipod

Also, few more details on the issue... Phone getting hot very quickly, like while charging and rebooting as well. Also the phone getting very hot on upper right corner where the Sim card slot is.

I guess its hardware issue now.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
kumary,

Why did you flash Chinese CMT? Can you explain what problem you exactly had as well as your previous firmware version numbers? Did you flash Chinese CMT before?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
kumary,

Why did you flash Chinese CMT? Can you explain what problem you exactly had as well as your previous firmware version numbers? Did you flash Chinese CMT before?
I always flashed only one firmware

E10C8FCB_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.299.1_PR_LEGACY_299_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed

This is selected basis the model number which is 059L698 from Navifirm. I downloaded it earlier.

As you read in my earlier posts, the phone was working alright and I put it on charging as usual after a call. Later when I removed it from charging I was not able to dial any number and in settings there is no option available under network settings.

While I reboot the phone it shows error that the sim is not working. Also, I tried the above mentioned firmware thrice (its the original firmware with which I get the phone.)

I tried flashing the Chinese CMT without success. I tried it based on the Suyog research and his posts in the N9's comprehensive flashing guide post.

From the above I can confirm my phone uses firmware number 299 (Australian) and I understand I can't flash to lower firmware like 003 for china.

But I am trying all the possibilities. If you have any idea then pls help. Also I have not included other details which I have mentioned in my other posts in this thread.

I am open to all suggestion to make it work.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
So you always had Australian firmware and yet flashed Chinese CMT? Why on earth would you do that??

Despite your issues it makes no sense for you to flash Chinese CMT! suyog's "research" is something for his own device...

I'm afraid by flashing chinese cmt you have got yourself into a bigger mess...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
So you always had Australian firmware and yet flashed Chinese CMT? Why on earth would you do that??

Despite your issues it makes no sense for you to flash Chinese CMT! suyog's "research" is something for his own device...

I'm afraid by flashing chinese cmt you have got yourself into a bigger mess...
I agree... but its not working either way

and chinese CMT failed and unable to flash... so I haven't successfully flashed it. Do I have any hope for the device?