Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Australia
Hey guys I'm looking into a way to minimise the virtual keyboard by swiping from the bottom of the screen up. We already have the swipe from the side to switch between different keyboards so I was thinking this gesture could be easily implemented. Does anyone know where the file that controls the swipe for switching between keyboards is? I have been looking but haven't found it so far. I figure swiping up from the bottom of the screen will be easier and a more reliable gesture than swiping down the keyboard which doesn't work anymore.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
swiping down the keyboard still works who said it doesnt? swiping from down will give you trouble as you minimize apps too by swiping from down to up...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
If you have Swpye keyboard active then the only way to remove it is to touch an area on the screen, which is only practical in portrait mode.
It is a pain as there is no other way to minimise the swype keyboard

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
To make the vkb go away, it is best to swipe it down from the letter "w" it always works

Well any top row key-down works with the default vkb but not with Swype which i would guys is used by more people

Not so quick but it works: click on the emoticon insert and then abort it.

The Following User Says Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post: