Meeting held 2014-09-16 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs)

Attending: Gido Griese (Win7Mac), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen)

Partial: (xes), Paul Healey (sixwheeledbeast), Philippe Coval (rZr)

Absent: Niel Nielsen (nieldk), Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer05)

Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):

• Meeting minutes posted
  • Spam attack on wiki.m.o
  • Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and ...

Topic (Meeting minutes posted):

• Short discussion about (delayed) posted minutes of meetings and midgard and its way to run/create TMO posts for those minutes.

Topic (Spam attack on wiki.m.o):

• Currently maemo.org experienced a spam attack. From some IP rangess known for spamming.
  • It was 'successful' on some of the wiki pages, but tried to attack also other maemo.org sites.
  • It was recognized and posted by a user on TMO. Apparently it was just a minor change and easy to recover.
  • Techstaff set up some firewall rules to block those IPs and get rid of their sniffing/spamming.

Topic (Transition to Maemo e.V., referendum and membership registration):

• Another discussion on the referendum regarding the "Maemo council and election rules" and the way to prepare/publish it to user base.
  • Referendum should be about:
    Win7Mac: I suggested - specify council duties so that it remains the major active party of community work AND honours the fact that Nokia got replaced by our own community organization, not only in regards to board 23:20
    Win7Mac: - rework council election rules incl. §6 (professional interests) and honoring the fact that Karma system is borked ATM, which results in inaccurate calculation of electorate and candidates. This may serve as an interim solution in hope of Karma system being repairable. 23:20
    Win7Mac: besides that, board already executes Council's (and General Assembly's!) rulings, see MC eV bylaws §7 (5): https://etherpad.mozilla.org/AMabik4zeD 23:43
  • ;
  • Regarding the ongoing and required changes on maemo.org sites, juiceme asked about list of users with their access level.

Action Items:
  • -- old items:
  • Check if karma calculation/evaluation is fixed.
  • NielDK to prepare a draft for letter to Jolla.
  • Sixwheeledbeast to clarify the CSS issue on wiki.maemo.org with techstaff.
  • juiceme to create a wording draft for the referendum (to be counterchecked by council members).
  • -- new items:
  • Everybody to make up their own minds about referendum and give feedback.

Link: Original article.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by CommunityCouncil View Post
  • Check if karma calculation/evaluation is fixed.
I'm sorry I missed the meeting. I believe if you look, most of the Karma system is no longer "borked" (Works for me?). At least the part linking to the wiki and TMO were up and running for the last election I ran, and were likely up for the last one juiceme ran as well.

If there is anything not being calculated correctly, it's likely points from the bugtracker/brain-storm area, which hasn't seen much activity lately (and in fact may be down now?) Again, I'm showing points on my account and they look pretty accurate to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo council, meeting minutes