from what stores can i buy an n900 besides online? is it even available in malls in california (specifically near SF)?

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by frances View Post
from what stores can i buy an n900 besides online? is it even available in malls in california (specifically near SF)?
Amazon is great. I also think that NOKIA is sending better batches to US. They want to regain this market and everything i bought from Amazon has been first rate.

anywhere else BESIDES online?

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Frances:

Coincidentally , I am also looking for places to buy the N900 (brick and mortar store) in or nearby San Francisco, CA (Sillicon Valley area).

I have found that Walmart can sell you an N900 and ship it to a nearby Walmart store of your choosing It is far more expensive than buying it from Amazon, tough.

Frys (frys.com) is another reputable place (electronics store) that sells the N900, but also, quite expensive.

CompuUSA carries the N900 but there are no more CompUSA stores in California, as far as I know.

I will be travelling to the USA in a few weeks, and what I will probably end doing is purchasing it online either on DELL.COM or on Amazon.com and having it shipped to my hotel. seems to be the least expensive way.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

febb

Last edited by febb; 2010-03-02 at 05:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to febb For This Useful Post:
what's up with nokia only selling it online??

u can buy one from a flagship store either in Chicago or in New york. i think there may be one in LA to but i am not sure if it is still up and running. i brought mine from the flagship store in New York. it was well worth the drive

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
u can buy one from a flagship store either in Chicago or in New york. i think there may be one in LA to but i am not sure if it is still up and running. i brought mine from the flagship store in New York. it was well worth the drive
Was the price you paid at the Nokia Flagship store more convenient than buying it online ? If not, what was your deciding factor for taking the drive. ?

Thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by febb View Post
Was the price you paid at the Nokia Flagship store more convenient than buying it online ? If not, what was your deciding factor for taking the drive. ?

Thanks for your time.
Sure thing, I paid $510.00 on Nov. 27 2009. The going rate @ the time plus tax came to about $770.00. It was black friday and the manager felt bad about Nokia not having a military discount so he personally gave me a discount plus the 18% off discount for it being black Friday. I got lucky.

I drove to New York because the customer service line said that none were available at the moment unless I went into the flagship store to buy it. They said more would be shipping out soon but i didnt want to wait. I wanted it in my hands asap.

If you decide to buy from a store be aware the price they give you over the phone (if you call the store ahead of time like i did to get info on price and store hours). They don't tell u over the phone but once you get there it will be like 50 bucks extra in tax. IThat was a surprise for me.

the only other deciding factor was the fact that i rather have a person handle my transaction and give me a physical receipt in my hand on the spot. Plus i mean, It's the flagship store! there are only like 2 or 3 in the US so it's like a candy store for Nokia fans. U can test and Physically examine in your hand all those Nokia devices and products you can't find in a t-mo store or a radio shack

Last edited by andraeseus1; 2010-03-03 at 19:41.

andraeseus1:

Thanks for your long reply. Indeed you got lucky. Here in Mexico City we do have one of the Nokia Flagship Stores, indeed very well set up, flashy and I like the fact you can play with the actual devices....that is, if they sell it ! which, unfortunately it is not the case for the N900. It won't be sold in Mexico.

There lies my adventure of looking for the best way and place to get it in the the U.S.
I have done it many times tough (770, N800, N810...) and this will be my 4th with the N900.

I have played a bit with the N900, not as much as I would have liked tough. I think it's a great concept, nevertheless what I am most concerned now is about bugs and "faulty" devices...if there is such a thing.

My purchase has to be done in the next 2 weeks so we (the N900 and me) check-in at the hotel hopefully on the same day and, I am leaning towards Amazon, unless something much better comes up (not just in terms of price !)...

Well, enjoy your N900 and keep us posted on how it behaves. Kind regards.

If you want a cheaper one, speak to the OP in this thread, I think he's selling his :
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46418