Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I'm going back to the Motorola DynaTAC

Now THAT's a phone!
It can't be bricked! It's already one!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Nice, ysss lol

But I want HTC Evo. Specs are beautiful. But by the time I get out of college and make the extra money, a new phone may already be proposed.

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
One of the problems here is most people think the n900 is perfect - the end of innovation - in a way. I find a lot of rhetoric pointing out how you you should just get an I phone or an Android phone if you are not happy.

While I am disappointed by meamo the open, platform is the future and i am nagging to fix it, at least in meego, as this is the future i want!

The iPhone, Android and the New Windows, have no pull factor for me.

The Push away from meamo is its lack of (non PC) productivity tools. Mostly I am consider moving back to my Centro just because I can search the databases on the phone, and it has full PIM (task descriptions and calendar)

so while I can run most of the linux aps on a palm Pre. and it has search and a fully functional PIM my next device may me a webOS phone once it has the screen resolution.

The Following User Says Thank You to timwatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Well, I already did:

I just got my N900 "AND" my Nexus One. Just explained in a post on another thread in here why I love and hate very specific stuff of each one but, together, as companion devices its great.

Anyway, up until a few weeks ago, I already carried two pieces of machinery: I had a N810 which I tethered to my old Nokia E71 for Internet access through the cell phone.

Now, it's pretty much the same: my N900 being tethered to my Nexus One (which is my current cell phone, as it does 3G over here, the N900 doesn't)...

Having the two gadgets used jointly has proven to be quite useful...kind of the best of both worlds: Maemo and Android.

My 2 cents. Best regards.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Orland Park, IL
Hopefully something awesome based off of Intel's Medfield chipset.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
I will go for iPhone 4g

idont know exactly which phone , but im sure it wont nokia n8-00

HTC Evo looks pretty awesome. I am following the device very closely since the announcement and hoping for a GSM/WCDMA version as soon as possible. (I am allergic to both CDMA and Sprint) I am not even discussing the 4G Sprint propaganda as WiMAX has nothing to do with 4G.

Android itself is making HUGE progress month by month, update by update and the Android Market is getting thousands of new apps in weekly bases, we are talking about some heavy duty stuff from the developer point of view. In the other hand I am also allergic to the HTC Sense UI and I hope a disable option is available. Besides the GSM version of Evo I also want to see what the Nexus Two will look like. Nexus One is facing some serious hardware issues including 3G connectivity problems and multitouch problems so I am curious to see how they will address those in the next version.

Meanwhile I also following very closely the MeeGo development but judging from the recent history of how Nokia is handling their high-end devices the last two years, I wouldn't bet my money on them for instant success or at least not yet.

Last edited by nMIK-3; 2010-05-09 at 10:15.

Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
One of the problems here is most people think the n900 is perfect
It is perfect at what it is. A tiny linux computer, with wireless data, and some phone capability.

In general, the people who buy it and then hate it want those two flipped : a great phone with some general computer capability. Those people should be fairly happy with an iPhone or Android phone, but they will be losing the openness of maemo/meego - because you can't really have both. In order to ensure smooth phone behavior, thus far its been necessary to neuter some aspects of general computing capability, and to dumb down the OS to protect the phone from the user, and visa versa.

My serious answer to this Q - my next device will likely be one that is stronger on the phone side, even if that means it has to be weaker on the computer side. If that balance exists in some device running meego, fantastic.

The Following User Says Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Coming from the N900 what phone are you moving to?
I'm not moving.
The N900 is what I was looking for in mobile devices for years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post: