Poll Options
Next phone after Nokia N9

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Fallenzone View Post
If I were you

I will buy a new N9 or second hand N900
He already said there isn't anyone left in the store

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
First choise should be the amazing Nokia N9.
LOL...i got a second one. The Lumia 920 is a tank, and very useful and effortless.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
LOL...i got a second one. The Lumia 920 is a tank, and very useful and effortless.
NO.
10chars

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

My wife has N4 and it's nice, but N9 is 5 better

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
I'd choose the Lumia 920! awesome specs awesome phone...the thing about the nexus 4 is that it doesn't have 4G

The Following User Says Thank You to aadityak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nexus 4 would be my immediate choice since it's more on the cutting edge.
For some reason, it performs poorly.
The LG Optimus G - same internals, from same company performs better than the n4.

On top of that, the battery life of the n4 is poor (for current-gen phones). It would've been acceptable for yesteryears standards.

Another thing to consider is the lack of 4G or LTE which is a "standard" for all high-end phones. Not to mention the build quality has seen some cases with the n4. The glass back is a major flaw and set back.

And lastly, if you still want it... good luck as demand outweighs the supply.

(Personal Note: Its a great mid-range phone with a bargain price).

The iPhone 5 is really underestimated this time round. Really, it may not have the fastest processor, most memory, best camera... but they are "of the" highest quality. Support is stupidly great. Apps should always deserve a mention. The Ecosystem is just wow. And customer care is something that really needs to be experienced.... with that said, it has its obvious limitations (price, software wall etc).

The WP8's don't have much going for them. They're nice, but nowhere as featured as high-end (and some mid-range) Android devices. And more expensive. And definitely a "worse" experience to the iPhone.

So the choice is really upto you.
- The impeccable iPhone?
- The lackluster Windows Phones?
- One of the many suitable Android variants?

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
It always depends on your needs; I understand the N9 is something that is loved; its still my daily driver till date after all but if you are investing your money into something new you must wonder if you want 2010 tech in 2013...

For me the N9 and N900 are part of history and will always remain with me as well as good learning tools... However, it may be different for you...

I understand you are from India and if i'm not wrong, the pricing for an iphone is pretty steep... If you can get it at a small top-up and just want something that works without issues and don't want to fiddle with it while paying for everything and anything then that's your match...

A Note(2) or a SGS3 is much better than getting a Nexus if you choose the Android path; you still have huge amount of apps as well as up-to-date hardware... xda is a good source of development tech so you can indulge yourself with custom ROMs etc... Most of your needs will be fulfilled but you may have to tinker with things to get them working...

WP is still in that place of "the less said of the better" so don't wonder about it

The above is based on what you said that you can't get a N9(00) so I assume only those 3 OSes is what your retailer sells... Of course if apps don't matter to you and you want another piece of history then you can opt for the 808 Pureview (should be available in India); the last "pure" Nokia device and one whose camera will outlive at least 2-3 years... Also, I'm not very sure but check it out with some Indians, I think a huge number of localized apps are available on the 808 due to India being the last bastion of Symbian

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-01-10 at 07:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
The iPhone 5 is, at this stage, what we would call the "safest" option. Since I use a MBP, the iPhone would blend in without a problem. The only problem is that as a hardware device, I find the iPhone 5 distinctly underwhelming. It does not excite me, and I would be loathe to spend huge money on a device that does not strike my fancy.

(@thedead1440: I'm Indian, but am currently living in Switzerland).

The fact that the Nexus 4 has a glass back is deeply disconcerting. I'm anything but careful with my devices, and I fear that the Nexus 4 would crack within a week in my possession. The N9 survived various falls, I'm not sure whether the Nexus would do that.

My problem is that if I want Android, I would only want stock Android. The only option would be to go with a S3 and then flash it with default Android. And yet, a Samsung device, something just does not feel right.

Still undecided at this stage, and the problem is compounded with the fact that I have an irrational liking for Nokia devices and a very rational understanding that WP8 is underwhelming at this stage.

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulthewall For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
rahulthewall,

Try a S3 running touchwiz and try a S3 running stock android and you'll be happier with touchwiz...

Its not as useless as it used to be in fact I would go on to say it beats stock android too... You wouldn't need to get special players with codecs for playing back 720p videos, getting notification bar add-ons etc on touchwiz... Samsung pays for more patents vs stock AOSP so you get a better experience

Try JB running S3s and they are nice as is without having to go into stock if you want something that works without much tinkering..

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Just buy a second hand N9...

The Following User Says Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post: