Notices

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by omartinez View Post
Problem solved!

Without doing anything (donīt know if application was updated), just opened LinkedUp and was directed to the right web address to authorise. Somehow, now the token number appears at the end of the address, which it didn't before. And I obtained the PIN successfully

Now itīs working perfectly and the application looks great!

I donīt have the community SSU or any other modifications. The only application installed that tweaks a bit the 'system' is Swappolube, but I doubt any conflict between the two. No idea why it happened. Iīm in Spain.

Thanks for your help and the great work!
haha ok.... I think that was actually a problem with LinkedIn. I've had times where their servers just don't respond to any requests for 10 minute blocks....

In any case, thanks for the support! I should be updating the app with Job search and job bookmarking / suggestions around Tuesday so stay tuned.

The Following User Says Thank You to antman8969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Absolutely love the new job searching, job bookmarking feature. This to me is what makes your LinkedUp app brilliant.

Well done antman8969
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Absolutely love the new job searching, job bookmarking feature. This to me is what makes your LinkedUp app brilliant.

Well done antman8969
haha thanks a lot. And remember, my plan is to implement all of the core functionality as quickly as possible, then once the app is fully stable and usable I'll go through and improve further on everything.

I already think that my implementation of the Job feature is more accessible than the full site's. It took me a while to even find where on linkedin.com you can see your bookmarked jobs...

For those who are facing the 'pincode problem': There seems to be an issue with the Time stamp: If your N900's clock is set early or late, the LinkedIN server will give you an error message. Simply set your N900 to the correct time and you should be able to retrieve a pincode.

Originally Posted by dinarch View Post
For those who are facing the 'pincode problem': There seems to be an issue with the Time stamp: If your N900's clock is set early or late, the LinkedIN server will give you an error message. Simply set your N900 to the correct time and you should be able to retrieve a pincode.
Im glad you were able to resolve this, ill add this to the first page for people with problems. thanks a lot

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
The best ever client on N900. I just loved the way u've wanted it and made it. Can i ask for a feature that can allow some background color or image?? or just transparent?? And I am inspired by LinkedUp to make apps for Maemo now. I would like to know what u needed to learn to make such a superb app. I feel this UI is the fastest among any clients on N900.

Originally Posted by manojkumaru View Post
The best ever client on N900. I just loved the way u've wanted it and made it. Can i ask for a feature that can allow some background color or image?? or just transparent?? And I am inspired by LinkedUp to make apps for Maemo now. I would like to know what u needed to learn to make such a superb app. I feel this UI is the fastest among any clients on N900.
lol thanks a lot manojkumaru!

Yea that would be possible (pretty easily actually). As soon as I get to doing the "settings" menu it is when I could think about it.

Development has slowed as I've gotten into Harmattan and I need to change the app to be compatible with it.

I'm glad to hear you're inspired. The best thing you can do right now is google stuff! But as a briefer, what you want to download is QtCreator, and what you want to learn is C++ and QML!

If you ever need a model of something to work off of, the source code for linkedup can be found at http://linkedup.googlecode.com . You might want to look at my other weather application first because it's a lot simpler, http://qtweather.googlecode.com

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Strange, now I when I enter LinkedUp and press any of the buttons nothing happens. I can't even enter Settings to see if there is something wrong in the account.

It's been a while since last time I used the application but the only change I can think of in the phone is the installation of latest CSSU.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Strange, now I when I enter LinkedUp and press any of the buttons nothing happens. I can't even enter Settings to see if there is something wrong in the account.

It's been a while since last time I used the application but the only change I can think of in the phone is the installation of latest CSSU.
Same here, pressing the buttons seems to do nothing :S

I have the CSSU installed as well

Regards

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Suffolk
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Same here, pressing the buttons seems to do nothing :S

I have the CSSU installed as well

Regards
Same here - I have just installed LinkedUp and entered the passcode to authorise the app without issue, but apart from my profile pic showing, I can't seem to select any of the icons/options.

Is this app still being maintained and/or does anyone have any suggestions or cures for the above issue?

I have the latest CSSU installed by the way.

Last edited by mattkawa; 2011-11-28 at 15:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattkawa For This Useful Post: