Active Topics

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
@OP If you are having problems with one specific network it would make sense to chat to the support staff that look after it. They should be able to see if your device is being quarrantined on the network due to policy or another reason.

Hello

I already did and they tell me that there are no restrictions for any type of device. Thx

Last edited by evangelion1979; 2010-03-20 at 16:25. Reason: error

Hello

The connection is no WEP or WPA2. The idea is that you enter the University and your device is connected directly. If you turned on the automatic search network, you will have internet almost without realizing it.

The problem is that N900 is connected and it seems that also manages to get an IP, but can not open any page in the browser.

This happened after the last update. !

Thank you all for your support.

Last edited by evangelion1979; 2010-03-20 at 16:41. Reason: error

indeed, although I have an IP, the measured speed can not recognize transfer rate

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
If you have a stable wifi connection with IP address showing on your N900 there are only a couple of things that come to mind that could be going wrong...

The WEP/WPA key your entering has been entered incorrectly;
The router requires your MAC address listed;
Internet access is behind a proxy and you will need to configure the address (and username/password if required);
You've told your N900 to use an alternative DNS server (the server that translates names to IP addresses) under advanced settings. Put it back to Auto-Retrieve or checkout opendns.com for alternative settings;
There is not internet connection available from the router you've connected to (its a LAN wifi router only for staff/ internal networks).

Friend

good ideas, but do not use any type of key and the MAC was listed three months ago. and the problem occurred two weeks ago.

service which I mean not offer any type of network to share data. ie only free internet.

what type of DSN-alternative you mean? can you explain a little more?

Last edited by evangelion1979; 2010-03-20 at 17:08. Reason: error

indeed, I can not use Skype or anything that tries to use the internet. but more interesting is that according WIfiInfo if I have high signal IP (60%) and recognize my MAC and AP

Last edited by evangelion1979; 2010-03-20 at 17:15. Reason: ddd

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
settings > internet connections > connections > (select the wifi network on left) Edit > Next > Next > Advanced > IP addresses > check 'Auto-retrieve DNS' is enabled or put in alternative details from opendns.com.

Otherwise, have a chat with a network admin - there might actually be an issue with the wifi connection your trying to use.

'Auto-retrieve DNS' is enabled. I have never used OpenDNS. Just place the address space.

primary or secondary DNS?

Last edited by evangelion1979; 2010-03-20 at 17:26. Reason: ss

Can you ping outside IPs, try

ping 4.2.2.1

you need to have installed the root package and be the root user,
also could you post the output of the command "iwconfig"
for which you will need to install the hp wireless tools package