i went with vodafone from nokia retail at 30 a month with 300 mins/unlimited texts and unlimited internet over 24 months which amounts to around 700 which is pretty reasonable. I have only paid for a phone outright once and that was an iPhone 3GS only because the contracts are rubbish for the phone.

Having £550 go out of my account for a phone wasn't a pretty sight.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
Does anybody have any pointers toward the best deals for the N900 at the moment?

Quidco currently have 10% cashback at the Nokia store, and a couple of smaller online stores have it for slightly less than £450. But if I add on a SIM-only deal for 12-18 months, my costs are pretty similar to a subsidised handset bought via, say, nokiaretail (mobile phones direct).

I'm having trouble getting the price below this line. Annoyingly, it's only now that I spotted quidco's 20% cashback + 10% voucher deal they were running in January! How often does Nokia issue new discount vouchers, and is it worthwhile waiting?
Quick follow-up on this:

I bought a (new, unused, with-receipt) handset on ebay.co.uk for £350, free p&p. Buying through quidco, I get £12.44 cashback on that. I've also signed up for a 12-month O2 SIM-only deal, at £15 per month (for unlimited SMS and data, and a few hundred minutes call time each month), with £25 cashback on quidco.

So the cost for my first 12 months is a little less than £500, and the handset is mine. It took a bit of effort to get a good price on ebay, but it seems to have worked out in the end!

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
Update on O2

I have just got off the phone from O2, after requesting a PAC code to leave for Giffgaff.

They asked me why I was leaving, I explained about the 500MB a month fair usage policy, and that Giffgaff offer a 'truly unlimited' data plan.

I was put through to "Carl' in retentions who assured me that if you have an O2 unlimited data bolt-on, it is now 'truly unlimited' with no fair usage T&C.

News to me anyway...

Tags
£306!!