For few ancient devices like photon q.
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/adaptations/libhybris

Btw Weston works in landscape mode but is slow and without touch support.

Last edited by elros34; 2017-04-08 at 18:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Basically steps are the same like on arch. You have to unpack ubuntu rootfs to directory and install bunch of packages.
The best would be to work together (in github or here) to create well working build and chroot scripts.

I have attached my scripts but they need improving before execute.
Hi,

Sorry to bother you again.

When I do the chroot, I get 'FATAL: kernel too old', so presumably, this is where the glibc 2.23 comes in? What do I need to do with that?

Also, 'cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static $UBU_DIR/usr/bin/' failed, as I don't have that file. Do I need it?

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
You need to unpack glibc.tar.gz and copy content to ubuntu. As I said there is something wrong so you need to create symlinks (ugly workaround):
ln -s $UBU_DIR/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/*.so* $UBU_DIR/lib/

If you do it on device you don't have to copy qemu, otherwise install qemu-user-static.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
I have the weird problem that any program that runs as normal user doesn't have internet access (such as chromium).
As root in the chroot, I can update and if I start Firefox as root I also have there access.
But ping as nemo says e.g. 'permission denied'

Does anyone have an idea why that's the case?

Mystery solved:
the nemo in chroot is not in group `inet`. I solved it via:
Code:
groupadd -g 3003 inet
usermod -a -G 3003 nemo

Last edited by bomo; 2017-04-17 at 07:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
I tried again to get Maemo UI running in ArchLinux chroot (built from https://github.com/fremantle-gtk2) with XWayland. It's still too hacky, but UI itself is pretty smooth. What I tried is modifying Cogl Xlib winsys to connect both to X server and Wayland, but initializing EGL with Wayland instead, so libhybris Wayland platform can be used.

Some LXDE apps look surprisingly nice with Sapwood theme engine, by the way. I wonder if anyone would be interested to get this working with chenliangchen's keyboard device.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Wow! That is awesome!

How to build this, or can you share the rootfs?

I've had some stuff chewing up my free time lately, but I was hoping to finish up my utility this weekend or next week. I'd love to be able to build in support for launching this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
How to build this, or can you share the rootfs?
I plan to upload PKGBUILDs once it becomes more usable, but need to do some more packaging/testing/fixing first.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
Sneak preview screenshot of manager app:
Hey, any progress on that? This looks great. I'm sad to see that this thread has not been active since months.

[Edit] Just sent a PM to Preflex to check directly with him, since it seems he has been away from TMO for some time now. It's time to cross fingers.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-08-02 at 23:00.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Playing around with this, I have a few noob questions. What would be the best way to use Arch chroot from the SD card (ext4) on a Jolla C instead of /opt/easychroot/Arch? The latest release on Preflex's github repository says that one should unpack the .tar.gz file to /opt/easychroot/Arch/, but that eats way too much space on the Jolla C's root partition.

I see two solutions but I'm not sure which one is the worst (I'm sure none can be considered good, but waiting some feedback):

# A
- tar -xvf ArchRootfsFile.tar.gz /media/sdcard/XXX/easychroot/Arch/ (as nemo or as root by the way?)
- Alter ArchChroot.sh and DeskChroot.sh to use this path in all mount points instead of /opt/easychroot/Arch/
- mount -o remount,exec /media/sdcard/XXX
- pkexec chown root /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so and pkexec chown root /etc/sudoers (I don't know why but I got errors with these files, telling me that they must be owned by uid 0; maybe because I unpacked the .tar.gz file as nemo?)
- sh DeskChroot.sh 1268 720 startxfce4

This is what I tried. It worked (at least it launched a Xfce4 window but I did not try many things there), except from the above technicalities.

# B
(not tested and I don't know what I'm talking about, don't try if you don't know more than me!)
- tar -xvf ArchRootfsFile.tar.gz /media/sdcard/XXX/easychroot/Arch/ (as nemo or as root by the way?)
- mount /media/sdcard/XXX/easychroot/ /opt/easychroot/
- sh DeskChroot.sh 1268 720 startxfce4 (without altering the mounting points in Preflex's original DeskChroot.sh)
- Not sure if needed: mount -o remount,exec /media/sdcard/XXX
- Not sure if needed: pkexec chown root /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so and pkexec chown root /etc/sudoers

Would # B work, or would it eat my brain (and Jolla C's brain)? I have not tried it. I'm not even sure it would provide any benefit except from no need to alter the bash scripts from Preflex's github repository, I would probably still have the exec and uid 0 issues I had in # A I suppose?

Also, when I close the Xfce4 window and kill the xwayland processes with "pid=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep xw | awk '{print $2}'` && kill -9 $pid", I suppose everything is still mounted, and turns out I cannot launch any Sailfish application (the cover will show the loading animation, and eventually close) nor reboot. The phone can be turned off, but maybe not completely since I have to remove the battery to reboot it. Any ideas? I'm a bit lost and I may very well be playing with fire here, trying to do things I am not mastering.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-08-03 at 01:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
I tried it yesterday evening on the Jolla tablet again. I have an Arch i686 chroot (tablet is Intel x86_64). The image linked to by Preflex had a lot of stuff missing from the Arch base system (had to install a lot to make it work).

For your questions, I would untar the image as root. Only /home/nemo should be owned by nemo user. I kept my image in /home/nemo/ on the tablet (too little space elsewhere). I don't really see the point in choosing either #A or #B in your example. Whatever works for you.

There is a typo in the start_xwayland_user_shell.sh script: s/dbus-lsunch/dbus-launch/

For your last problem, it sounds like you have bind mounted directories several times, creating loops. This happened to me and I had to hard reboot the device.

Also, starting the session as user at some point would make sense, there were some errors with regards to this. I'm toying with this.

Btw, the usability of the normal desktop environments is questionable at this point, at least on the tablet. Even though I tried to do changes as recommended for HIDPI, most things are incredibly small on a 1536 x 2048 display. So far I've only toyed with XFCE.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post: